29 JunNO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS
Taos is immediately hiring a Systems Administrator II to join our Managed Services team in Boise, ID. Candidates should be locally based, but position wil be 100% remote under current conditions.
Who you are:
You are a proven technologist with expertise across multiple towers, tools and technologies. You bring a strong track record for solving medium to complex problems with little to no assistance. You’re capable of taking on small scale projects from start to finish. You’re eager to drive our business forward; whether it’s through automation, maintaining proactive relationships or innovative problem solving, you remain consistently aware of the big picture. You embrace necessary change and are quick to adjust to evolving needs of the business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Performing daily lower-level engineering tasks of system administration related solutions for various operational needs
- Installing or rebuilding existing servers and configuring hardware, some peripherals, services, settings, directories, analyzing storage requirements, etc.
- Developing/updating installation and configuration procedures and templates
- Contributing to and maintaining system standards and documentation for Taos as well as clients
- Performing periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Providing clear and concise communication to management regarding opportunities, solutions and progress
- Serving as a “bridge builder” with other Managed Services groups (Service Desk, L3 Engineering, CSM), providing excellent and timely customer experiences
- Training new team members as well as training on new processes or support activities
- Performing ongoing performance tuning, and resource optimization as required
- Configuring CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
What you’ll bring with you:
- Ability to work non-standard hours and shifts
- Minimum of three years of system administration experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to train users in applications and operating system fundamentals and to write documentation
- Strong skills with most operating system commands/utilities
- Familiarity with most basic system administration tools and processes in Windows and Linux (2012R2 and newer and/or RHEL 7.x / UBUNTU 1604 LTS+); for example, ability to boot/shut down a machine, add and remove user accounts, use backup programs and fsck or chkdsk, manage shared resources (e.g., file systems, printers), add a workstation to a network, mount remote file systems, and maintain system database files (groups, hosts, aliases, usermanager).
- Prior experience with TCP/IP, Routers, Switches, Hubs, Firewalls, Domains, DNS, DHCP, and Subnets using CIDR
- Familiarity with the principles and practice of system configuration management using modern declarative tools. (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Production experience with Cloud Platforms and Technologies, such as Azure, AWS, or GCP. Including but not Limited to:
- EC2, S3, EBS, ELB/ALB, Lambda, Cloud Functions, Compute, VPC, Azure Storage, Azure VM, Azure Networking, VPN’s
- Understanding of PaaS Database Offerings and how they work
- Must understand Infrastructure-as-Code concepts
- Solid comprehension of Code Revision Control (e.g. GIT)
- Understanding distinctions between system processes/services and user processes, the authentication/authorization processes in use at the site, local and network resources and resource sharing, basic networking concepts and practices.
- Familiarity with networked/distributed computing environment concepts; for example, ability to use the route command, administer routing and remote access service, and modify deployed group policies.
- Demonstrated ability to write scripts in one of the following languages (Python, Bash, PowerShell).
- At least one Cloud Certification in GCP, AWS or Azure
Who is Taos?
Taos is a comprehensive technology services company that simplifies today’s complex digital landscape by providing both strategic and technical guidance while implementing transformative solutions. As part of the nation's technology landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent, and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Let’s talk about us:
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting-edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to email@example.com or Contact Us and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/ and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.