We are building a World Class Service Center in Boise, ID and invite you to join a Team of people who are committed to a core objective of supporting life changing service and providing professional expertise to the agencies we support and their leaders.
About the Company
Pennant Services is one of the most dynamic and progressive companies in the rapidly expanding home health, hospice, and home care industries. Affiliates of Pennant Services now operate 115 home health, hospice, senior living and assisted living agencies across 13 Western states and we expect this growth to continue. These agencies have no corporate headquarters or traditional management hierarchy. Instead, they operate independently with support from the "Service Center," a world-class service team that provides the centralized clinical, legal, risk management, HR, training, accounting, IT and other resources necessary to allow on-site leaders and caregivers to focus squarely on day-to-day care and business issues in their individual agencies.
About the Opportunity
Pennant Services, Inc. seeks a talented and energetic GL Accountant. This candidate will play a key role in our growing company, as it serves the needs of our rapidly-expanding heath care services client base across the United States. Qualified candidates must have a degree in accounting or finance and have obtained or is currently pursuing their CPA license. The General Ledger Accountant will have a variety of routine and non-routine accounting functions with significant responsibility for the month end close process and balance sheet review and analysis for numerous locations. This position is based in Eagle, Idaho at the Cornerstone Service Center.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the general ledger month-end close of 10-12 locations.
- Review and follow-up of monthly financial results with field locations and Controller.
- Prepare general ledger entries as needed to ensure completeness and accuracy of the financial results for month-end close. Generate and review operating statements, compare actual results to historical trends and investigate and explain variances; analyze key accounts.
- Review vendor invoices for accuracy, appropriate coding and accrue when necessary.
- Ensure deadlines for month-end close and financial reporting requirements are met and all accounting and reporting activities are performed in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation of selected asset and liability accounts for accuracy.
- Responsible for compiling all supporting documentation for balances in these accounts
- Maintain and monitor applicable SOX controls including contact with centers to ensure completeness.
- Provide support to internal and external auditors as required.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- 2-5+ years of relevant experience in an accounting function is required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and CPA or CPA candidate
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills are necessary for success in this role
- Strong Excel skills preferred
- Great Plains experience preferred
- Must be a strong team player and leader, highly motivated and able to work under pressure during peak periods
- Able to work some off-hours necessary to complete the close process.
- Skilled nursing healthcare experience a plus
We are committed to providing a competitive Total Rewards Package that meets our employee's needs.
From a choice of medical, dental and vision plans to retirement savings opportunities through a 401(k), company match and various other features, we offer a comprehensive benefits package. We believe in great work and we celebrate our employees' efforts and accomplishments both locally and company wide, recognizing people daily through our Moments of Truth Program. In addition to recognition we believe in supporting our employees' professional growth and development. We provide employees a wide range of free e-courses through our Learning Management System as well as training sessions and seminars.
Compensation: Based on experience.
Type: Full Time
Pennant Service Center
1675 E. Riverside Drive, #150
Eagle, ID 83616
If interested in this position, please submit a resume for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!
About The Pennant Group
We are proud to be affiliated with the Pennant Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: PNTG). Pennant was created in 2019 in connection with The Ensign Group, Inc.'s (NASDAQ: ENSG) spin-off of its home health, hospice, and senior living businesses. Ensign was formed in 1999 with the goal of establishing a new level of quality care within the skilled nursing industry. The name "Ensign" is synonymous with a "flag" or a "standard," and refers to Ensign's goal of setting the standard by which all others in its industry are measured. The name "Pennant" draws on similar imagery and themes to represent our mission of becoming the "Ensign" to the home health, hospice and senior living industries. We believe that through our innovative operating model, we can foster a new level of patient care and professional competence at our independent operating subsidiaries and set a new industry standard for quality home health and hospice and senior living services. You can learn more about The Pennant Group at www.pennantgroup.com
Back to Jobs