ORGANIZATION: Nuclear Science & Technology (NS&T)
WORK LOCATION: Idaho Falls, ID (9x80 schedule)
Idaho National Lab will change the world's energy future and secure our infrastructure! Join us - innovate the future!
INL's Innovative Research Department is hiring a Solicitation Specialist to be responsible for supporting program stakeholders and applicants in submitting and reviewing applications while managing data and outcomes associated with those actions.
- Maintain informational based tools (e.g. Excel spreadsheets or program databases) to assist DOE in the tracking, status and associated information of DOE funded projects resulting from program solicitations.
- Develop and implement program improvements independently or in collaboration with other INR-IO program staff.
- Interact with key senior DOE-HQ and DOE-ID leadership on a regular basis.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and web-form compliance is aligned to appropriately support submissions to predefined standards.
- Apply policies and procedures to field questions from internal and external partners to resolve issues.
- Assist in the execution of competitively reviewed solicitations sponsored by the DOE.
- Participate in program outreach tasks to socialize activities and opportunities with applicants and stakeholders.
- Provide support to other staff of the INR-IO as needed to ensure program success.
- Develop stable internal and external working relationships, especially in areas of program risk; recommend improvements for program solicitations and INR-IO practices.
- Ensure work is conducted in accordance with INL policies and procedures.
- BS degree in Business, Engineering or other related field.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with data entry, manipulation and management in database systems such as FedConnect, Portfolio Analysis and Management System (PAMS), Grants.Gov, or PICS (this is an exemplary list, other databases will be applicable)
- Well developed skills in Microsoft office software
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative task-based environment.
- Excellent skills in Excel spreadsheets (pivot tables, data manipulation)
- Excellent skills required for written communication and data management/processing
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to scale engagement and communication across a variety of levels both internally and externally.
Please apply before August 31, 2020
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/xqttzadavcxcbszsqyautyfrbst. .