Job Location: Tampa, FL Alternate Location: Aurora, IL
Role Value Proposition:
The Account Management Consultant will provide support to our TPA and General Agent business, cross-market support functions across Specialty Markets TPA, Association and PEO business while supporting the onboarding of TPAs and the end-to-end service experience that drives profitable growth and increased persistency for our Specialty Markets business.
- Organizes and attends various TPA facing meetings either in person, virtually or via the phone. Acts as the lead on functional projects supporting Specialty Markets goals and objectives
- Responsible for managing and leading the onboarding of newly acquired TPAs and maintaining the project plan to support the onboarding
- Runs Natural work team huddles and collaborates with dedicated internal partners as part of a natural working team to ensure excellent customer and broker service.
- Works with internal partners to resolve escalated issues, requests needed plan performance reporting and develops marketing plans and presentation materials.
- Management of General Agent (GA) contracting, set up, termination and GA commission research and resolution. Host training on rating tools and microsites for our General Agencies. Creation and updates on GA/TPA Microsites/Admin manuals and forms
- Demonstrates strong client-specific product knowledge and provides consultative assistance on issues related to customer benefit plans and stays informed of specific client activities taking place (acquisitions, divestures, layoffs, budget challenges, etc.)
- Actively participates in the implementation process to insure a smooth onboarding process. Actively participates in stewardship meetings for existing relationship meetings to discuss both.
- Mentors newly hired associates and assists with process training.
- Acts as team lead by managing service escalations for a multi-million-dollar book of business
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- High School diploma
- 5-7 years customer account management service experience
- Excellent presentation skills, oral and written communication skills
- Strong insurance product knowledge and underwriting skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to work well with others as well as independently.
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree
- Life and Health license
- Project management certifications
- Ability to maneuver within multiple complex systems at same time
- Able to solve problems and think creatively.
- Ability to recognize opportunities to recommend new product offerings.
Up to 25%
"At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers."
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $600 billion of total assets under management as of December 31, 2019. We are ranked #44 on the Fortune 500 list for 2019. In 2019, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Employee Relations Department at 1-877-843-3711.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 114763