Position Title: Assistant Manager, Brand Marketing – Beverage
Location: Chicago, IL
Reports To: Sr. Manager, Brand Marketing
We are passionate about inspiring people to adopt reusable bottles - whether you like to drink water, coffee, tea, or poolside drinks! We are all driven beverage enthusiasts and believe reusability is core to who we are. We love to explore new ways to build our family of household brands such as Contigo, bubba, Rubbermaid, Avex, and Marmot and know our brands can help make consumers' drinking experiences more enjoyable through a combination of performance, on trend designs, and ease in portability.
Among the benefits of joining our team besides the normal corporate perks are regular opportunities to volunteer in our community, group fitness activities, summer happy hours, or attend music festivals to drive reusability. To put it simply, we enjoy participating in experiential opportunities by choosing to reuse together!
So, grab your water bottle or travel mug and explore an opportunity with us today!
Accountable for leveraging deep consumer, product and marketing understanding to develop and drive brand innovation, manage the product portfolio, and contribute to the brand and communication strategies for the bubba, Rubbermaid and Sistema beverage brands. Contributions drive consumer demand and market share for these Growth Brands.
- Drives key brand, category or portfolio initiatives that effectively reach and connect with target consumers. Ensures all brand communications are consistent with global brand positioning.
- Familiar with global brand(s) standards and design language and ensures consistency with brand positioning. Acts as a brand champion across the business.
- Responsible for product development from idea to delivery, across multiple brands, product platforms and initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with R&D, Consumer & Market Insights (CMI), and Sales/Sale Planning to develop and recommend a brand &/or category innovation strategy. Includes innovation in brand communication, business model or strategic partnership. Can explain the innovation strategy to others.
- Familiar with writing concept statements for innovation and uses experience and market /consumer knowledge to draft statements.
- Provides support to the gate-keeping process, through data analysis, project planning and overall support.
- Supports the life cycle management across a broad portfolio balancing rhythm of entering or exiting product classes or SKUs and extending life cycles. Executes a strategic plan to leverage portfolio across regions and channels.
Brand Activation and Communication
- Executes against clear objectives for brand communication and can articulate the brand's vision for short and long-term success.
- Participates in the annual brand planning process to create a fully integrated marketing plan and programming utilizing an entire omni-channel approach.
- Contributes to the delivering of marketing objectives and strategies for the upcoming year. Executes brand communications across brands, countries and regions with purposeful differentiation and reapplication based on portfolio and category strategies.
- Responsible for the commercialization on innovation programs, including partnerships and content development.
- Participates in briefing agencies on communication objectives, advertising and media plans.
- Familiar with ROI analysis and tracks projects' key performance indicators and recommends changes as needed.
Insights and Analytics
- Familiar with consumer insights techniques and develops a strong working knowledge of the target consumer. Proven at independently reviewing internal and external research materials to develop a holistic, proprietary understanding of the consumer.
- Educates others on the consumer and marketplace.
- Informs marketing metrics, key brand, and quality measures to track and understands the underlying drivers and interaction of each metric.
- Develops deep category knowledge across multiple categories and brands using POS and Syndicated data
- Analyzes shopper insights and market data to recommend pricing objectives, strategies, and guardrails for key SKUs or categories. Applies price modeling information to manage price.
- Participates in pricing audits to evaluate opportunities to extract maximum value from the market.
- Identifies key promotional windows based on target consumer behavior.
- Supports P&L ownership for the Growth Brands team by making recommendations for quarterly share-outs.
- Works collaboratively with finance on key projects for financial alignment on all product and commercialization projects, delivering to division financial targets.
- Four-year college degree
- 1+ years of marketing internship/work experience ideally in brand management, channel management, or consumer insights for a CPG, durable, or professional products company.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- 15% travel required
- Internship or college experience working on cross-functional projects.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Proven ability to work on a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.