The AVP, Portfolio Management is responsible for developing and driving strategy in support of the Property and Causality business portfolio across all of Company and executing on key transformation initiatives.
- Developing and driving the execution of strategic framework in support of the P&C businesses portfolio
- Strategic business partner accountable for management, oversight, health and outcomes of the full breadth of the business portfolio
- Oversee the entire portfolio of strategic projects with focus and iteration
- Lead the implementation next evolution of governance and decision-making to ensure laser focus on the right work for the right outcomes within the construct of a focused, standard, repeatable SP&E discipline; develop and implement plans to ensure continuous improvement and maturity
- Partner with finance to determine effective funding patterns that allow the right level of program autonomy while, at the same time, ensuring accountability for effective returns; tie financial goals to executable strategy
- Accountable for translating business strategy into transformational and grow initiatives; advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on end-user products and services, business processes and system priorities
- Define and assess individual portfolio capabilities and develop action plans to address gaps
- Focus on the Execution Discipline and dependency management across business and IT portfolios; deliver work within the portfolio on time, within budget and with desired return/outcome as within control
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent and minimum 7+ years relevant experience
- Experience within the insurance or financial services industry, or similarly highly regulated environment.
- Expertise with IT project lifecycles; both software development and infrastructure implementations.
- Ability to methodically solve problems and quantify solutions with limited direction
- Experience working in a result-oriented environment with multiple competing deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment towards achieving career growth and deepening knowledge base
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with people at all levels of an organization from analysts to the Chief Executive Officer
- Exceptional leadership skills, including the ability to implement change
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.