Business Intelligence Systems Director
This position is responsible for creating a managing Business Intelligence, analytics and application development functions. The Systems Director of Business Intelligence has primary responsibility for setting the strategy and vision and for managing the day-to-day tactical operations of the BI and application development functions. This position reports to the Chief Information Officer. The Systems Director of Business Intelligence is responsible for establishing and executing the enterprise data warehouse and analytics strategy to enable clinical strategic initiatives. You will work with clinical leaders, business leaders and information technology team to consolidate ideas into cohesive Enterprise Data Warehouse and software development life cycle (SDLC) strategy. You will be responsible for the identification of the organization's information needs and oversight of an enterprise data warehouse, development, deployment, and adoption of business intelligence and technology tools. You will also be responsible for the delivery of analytical solutions to key stakeholders. The Systems Director is accountable and responsible for stakeholder management and ensuring Governance practices are enforced and ensure that continuous improvement processes in place. The Systems Director is responsible for the success of user adoption strategies for use of the Enterprise Data Warehouse and SDLC activities. System Director will ensure the overall success of the Business Intelligence and Application Development strategic projects, Enterprise Data Warehouse and BI team development.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Masters level graduate degree highly desirable.
- 10+ years of experience leading design and development teams.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in hands-on management roles of decision support, analytics and application development.
- Experience managing complex BI projects.
- Experience working with a Health Care provider or payer organization is required.
- Experience creating, managing, and tracking budget and variance with Kaufman Hall Budget Advisor or Axiom or a similar tool preferred.
- Firm grasp of T-SQL, SQL Server programming objects and other programming languages including C# , ASP/ASP .NET.
- Excellent communication, presentation, problem-solving, and analytical skills across clinical, business and IT communities.
- Understanding of Star Schema, data warehouse, data model and distributed information access models is required.
- Three years of multi-dimensional data modeling experience is preferred.
- Experience in delivering analytical solutions using leading tools such as Analysis Services, Business Objects or MicroStrategy is required.
- Experience working with business stakeholders and senior leaders in understanding data analytics and information needs, and executing on the transformation of high-level, abstract data needs into meaningful data management solutions, information, and analysis.
- Experience extracting data from non-relational source systems such as REST APIs, NoSQL databases, Google Analytics, etc.
- Expert knowledge of SSIS and all Control and Workflow tasks available.
- Experience using C# or .Net to build advanced transformations or create custom data sources.
- Experience and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, quality, measurement, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of healthcare quality and operational analytics, including (but not limited to): Meaningful Use and PQRS measures; HEDIS measures; Clinical Core measures & Value-Based Purchasing; Balanced scorecards; and Turnaround times, labor productivity.
- Experience with agile software development.
- Experience with business-driven / self-service BI.
- A solid understanding of data security, data classification, privacy technologies, key BI trends, leading-edge technologies and best practices such as Hadoop and Big Data.
- A solid understanding of the BI vendor landscape, and mobile delivery architecture and best practices.
- Experience with data science, statistical analysis, data mining and predictive algorithms.
- A passion for working with data and coming up with creative ways to transform, store and visualize it.
- Detail oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills to collaborate and keep others informed.
- Ability to take an abstract goal and break it down into actionable tasks that will deliver results quickly.
- Ability to quickly grasp buy-in into the System’s overall strategy.
- Extensive expertise in data modeling, both logical and physical.
- Extensive experience in multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, denor