Starcom is the Human Experience Company. A world-renowned media communications agency, we believe the alchemy of people and technology creates experiences people love, and actions brands need. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC40], and has offices within Publicis One.
The Strategy Director manages cross-media and cross-brand strategy and planning campaigns. The Associate Director owns planning activities for complex or cross-brand campaigns and initiatives, and is responsible for generating strategic insights and driving application of learnings across the full suite of the client’s activities.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a thoughtful decision maker and team player who loves data and has the proven ability to lead strategic planning initiatives including deck writing, budget and channel allocation and audience development. This is an energetic, collaborative team that partners with an analytics-driven client to provide guidance as they continue to grow and evolve their brand.
- Strategize with internal directors and client to develop innovative, well-informed marketing solutions
- Generate consumer, industry, and platform insights to guide and inform individual brand communications planning teams
- Interface with clients and partner agencies to build strategic communication plans for opportunity audiences
- Review client deliverables for quality, ensuring that recommendations and work product are sound and viable
- Own the development of strategic cross-brand proposals and client facing POVs, coordinating with necessary teams to account for all relevant inputs
- Embrace and encourage a culture based on team work, collaboration, and support
- Develop best practices for improving communication and collaboration within the team and the group
- Lead knowledge share sessions to share and learn new strategies for optimizing and enhancing campaign performance
- Collaborate and foster relationships with key partners including clients, internal teams, and leadership
- Lead strategic planning initiatives including deckwriting, budget and channel allocation, and audience development
- Support development of strategic approach and experience design by delivering channel ideas and providing the link toreality of historical performance and in-market opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, advertising, business, marketing, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in media strategy/planning experience across media channels
- Previous team management experience
- Strong digital media experience preferred
- Resourceful, curious, and motivated individual with an ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Ability to manage timelines, projects and personnel within direct report team and across cross-functional teams
- Proven experience in successfully managing multiple work streams at one time
- Strong organizational, communication, and time-management skills
- Excellent presentation skills to effectively lead meetings in-person with key clients
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and manage priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with strong understanding of Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working within media systems/platforms (Kantar, MOAT, MRI, ComScore a plus)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.