The Transfer Agency department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, settlements, distributions, commissions and statements. The department is responsible for client and investor document management, processing and quality checking of transactions and updating the registers of clients' funds in response to investor instructions.
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide training for all aspects of the Transfer Agency teams. The Senior Consultant reports to a department Section Manager and will work with the GFS dedicated trainer and team management to create and deliver an effective training program, as well as create and enhance procedures for the department.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
Develop training schedules for all training initiatives for the department (new hire, continual training, etc.).
Create and enhance procedures for the department.
Conduct classroom and side by side on the job technical training for all staff levels.
Design and deliver effective training courses and programs for all job functions in the department.
Liaise with management to identify and access training and development needs of the staff.
Assess individual progress for trainees.
Track training initiatives across the department.
Assist the department with investigating and resolving inquiries and exceptions using training materials; become a subject matter expert through construction of materials and understanding of system functionality.
Effective communication with team, management, training department, CSMs, various internal departments, and others as required.
- May work with BPAs, CSMs, Operations, Service, and Accounting Control/Audit Team, Management and other areas to identify and address process inefficiencies, control gaps, and enhance processes/procedures to reduce errors and/ or risk.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- A College or University degree and/or relevant work experience is required.
- Ability to learn in depth processes and serve as a subject matter expert for the department.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once and meet deadlines in time sensitive conditions.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to management.
- Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines, escalating issues where necessary.
- Good team player, self-starter, flexible, with the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Training experience preferred.
- An understanding of the financial services industry and industry product is desirable: collective investment trusts, mutual funds, fund of fund structures, back office and intermediary operations, NSCC/DTCC services, retirement plan vehicles
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.