TITLE:Sr. Financial Analyst
Knowles Corporation (NYSE: KN) is a market leader and global supplier of advanced micro-acoustic, audio processing, and precision device solutions, serving the mobile consumer electronics, communications, medical, military, aerospace, and industrial markets. Knowles uses its leading position in MEMS (micro-electro-mechanical systems) microphones and strong capabilities in audio processing technologies to optimize audio systems and improve the user experience in mobile, ear, and IoT applications. Knowles is also the leader in acoustics components used in hearing aids and has a strong position in high-end capacitors. Knowles' focus on the customer, combined with unique technology, proprietary manufacturing techniques, rigorous testing and global scale, enables it to deliver innovative solutions that optimize the user experience. Founded in 1946 and headquartered in Itasca, Illinois, Knowles is a global organization with 8000 employees in 11 countries. For more information, visit knowles.com.
Because of our entrepreneurial culture, the only limit is your imagination. If you thrive in an agile, fast-paced and collaborative environment, you will fit right in. If you are driven by constantly redefining the gold standard of products and services that help customers, you will be a valuable member of Knowles. Let's move ideas from concept to reality together.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive growth by working with R&D leaders to maximize spend to enable the business to meet EBIT and other business targets.
- Drive financial modeling improvements in the planning and forecasting models to enhance process efficiency, support new initiatives and to accurately capture the changing economics or structure of the business.
- Identify operational opportunities to ensure cost efficient operation, including analyzing current financial and non-financial processes to simplification opportunities
- Lead the development and rollout of a new Operating Expense Management Process for the business unit. Manage and own the process. Drive the monthly review cadence and serve as the gate keeper of all operating expense budgets.
- Support departmental expense budgeting and forecasting process by providing timely and accurate reporting to finance and operations management.
- Manage monthly reporting process of financial results and projections to management. This will include sales trends, forecast variances, pricing performance, factory operations, working capital, capital expenditures, and overhead expenses.
- Manage and own Capital Appropriation Requests process by providing key financial analytics on ROI, NPV, and other relevant metrics.
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements through evaluation of key departments, accounts, and accruals – recommending adjustments through journal entries and reconciling accounts.
- Own financial forecasting process and system maintenance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Additional support for the long-term strategic plan.
- Develop expertise in multiple financial systems (HFM/Essbase and Business Intelligence) to support global business unit finance improvements.
- Set internal deadlines to meet deliverables to Corporate Finance team.
- Field questions and manage submissions to the Corporate Finance team.
- Ad hoc support and analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA or CPA preferred by not required.
- 3 - 5 years' work experience in Financial Planning and Analysis function with technical knowledge of manufacturing and/or commercial finance
- Advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities for financial modeling, reporting, and analysis
- Experience with ERP systems such as Oracle, Hyperion, HFM, Essbase, and Business Intelligence
- Experience working in matrix organizations with the capability to effectively work with and through operational resources.
- Ability to work in a global multicultural environment.
Personal and Behavioral Attributes:
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and a passion for a fast paced environment.
- Detail orientated, independent thinker with ability to succeed with ambiguous objectives
- Able to handle multiple assignments and manage competing priorities with tight deadlines.
- Strong process orientation; well-structured and well-organized.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills with effective relationship building and influence.
- Aspirations for advancing career and increasing responsibility
- Pride in their wo