At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
TheDesktop Support Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Desktop Support Analyst possesses an advanced knowledge of desktops, laptops, mobile devices and associated operating systems and peripherals. The desktop support analyst also possesses an advanced knowledge of networking (wired and wireless), printing and printing hardware, telephony support and audio visual support.
The Desktop Support Analyst will have primary responsibility for maintaining all NM endpoint hardware and core software including but not limited to computing devices, pagers, printers, telephony and telephony hardware, operating systems, core software and some specialized software/systems including NM’s electronic health record. To that purpose, the position provides business-use guidance as well as technical guidance for end user technologies. The role includes hardware and software deployment as necessary.
- Working knowledge of operating systems associated with endpoint hardware platforms (Windows, OS X), telephony and telephony hardware, pagers, printers and multi-function printers.
- Provides desktop hardware and software problem identification and resolution for all endpoint hardware and related equipment/peripherals.
- Complete hardware moves and equipment replacements for all endpoint hardware and related equipment/peripherals.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to the appropriate Information Services architecture teams on topics related to supported hardware and software standards.
- Support and ensure compliance with endpoint hardware and software standards (including delivery) as determined by the Information Services department.
- Communicate with team lead and manager on day-to-day team environment.
- Communicate with IS Service Desk and provide needed support to meet immediate customer needs.
- Respond thoroughly and promptly to customer needs.
- Own customer relationships and follows issues through to closure.
- Apply problem solving concepts and takes ownership to solve end user problems.
- Escalate problems to senior support staff as necessary.
- Successfully conducts follow ups to ensure problem resolution and/or service requests are completed to user satisfaction.
- Provides suggestions of new processes to enhance customer service.
- Understands the business and clinical processes at NMH and the operational environments of assigned customers.
- Communicates clearly, responsively, and concisely with customers and team members.
- Develops effective relationships with users and other IS team members to enhance the timeliness and effectiveness of technology solutions.
Personal and Staff Development:
- Seeks to improve talents and skills consistent with overall IS direction.
- Takes direction from senior support staff.
- Increases skills based on field experience.
- Focuses on IS team success and promotes collaborative efforts with others.
- Shifts easily among different technical and project roles as required by situation.
- Adapt well to rapid change and multiple priorities.
- 3-7 years in core discipline
- I.T. related certification (in progress or completed)
- Basic support knowledge of desktops, laptops and mobile devices and associated operating systems, MS Office products, printers (local, network, label and MFP), desk phones and associated telephony, and networking (wired and wireless)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.