Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. Every day we strive to live out our vision statement of "Best outcome every patient every time" through living out our FOCUS values of Foster Unity, Own the Moment, Champion Excellence, and Seize Opportunities.
At UnityPoint Health, we provide care in nine regions throughout Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin. As the nation's fourth largest nondenominational health system in America, UnityPoint Health keeps people at the center of all we do. We are looking for dynamic and talented individuals to join our team. You'll find opportunities for every sized dream.
Home Care: Licnsed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Full Time 40 hours/week
8:00 am - 4:30 pm flex with call
Description of Position: Under the direction of the RN, assists in the provision of high-quality nursing care to the patients of the Home Health Services department
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Ensures quality care for clients of all ages and groups by providing appropriate documentation, communication and other follow-up and by using time, supplies and other resources productively.
- Ensures quality and the safe delivery of home health care services.
- Follows plan of care as established by the RN and under the supervision of the RN. Conducts a client assessment as appropriate and completes visit documentation according to UnityPoint Health policy/procedure and regulatory bodies' requirements.
- Implements nursing interventions to meet the client's needs and changing conditions in accordance with UnityPoint Health policy/procedures.
- Communicates to a RN changes in the client's condition according to UnityPoint Health policy/procedure.
- Communicates the client/caregiver's needs to other staff members as appropriate when others are assigned to the client's care.
- Participates in client case reports to team members.
- Reports to the assigned Home Health Clinical Manager.
- Gives routine primary client reports to the primary care RN or to the Clinical Manager which include, but are not limited to, problems encountered with the client's care, the client's progress toward goals.
- Respects client confidentiality in all communications.
- Reports and completes appropriate documentation regarding client occurrences following UnityPoint Health policy/procedure.
- Uses time, supplies and other resources productively to promote responsive and cost-effective client care.
- Observes, performs test procedures and initiates measures to prevent complications or minimize the effects of disease or injury.
- Demonstrates skilled care on an intermittent basis in compliance with the care described in the Plan of Treatment (POT).
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the individual client.
- Recognizes the need for referral(s) to other disciplines or resources that might assist with client care.
- Provides thorough coordination of care for all clients by communicating and/or documenting appropriate follow-up with UnityPoint Health staff, physicians and other sources in accordance with UnityPoint Health policy/procedure.
- Performs lab testing as appropriate.
Ensures that clinical records are complete, legible, accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Provides necessary and appropriate documentation for the following, including, but not limited to:
o Daily Visit Notes
o Change Orders
o Audit Issues
o Occurrence Reports
o Follow-up Communications
- Provides clinical records that will comply with UnityPoint Health Policies and Procedures and State and Federal Rules and Regulations and adheres to the standards of Regulatory agencies.
- Submits all clinical documentation per UnityPoint Health policy/procedure.
- Demonstrates punctuality and flexibility in work schedule to meet the needs of the client/caregiver and the needs of the department.
- Utilizes time so that client care is maximized.
- Organizes visit schedule so that clients are seen within the assigned time required.
- Recognizes and prioritizes client needs so that all members of the caseload receive maximal care.
- Shows flexibility in work schedule by beginning the start of the day earlier or ending later or changing work shift in order to accommodate the needs of the client/caregiver in the community and meet the needs of the department.
- Attends and participates in quarterly departmental meetings.
- Responds willingly to requests by UnityPoint Health to assist in covering extra skilled nursing visits, weekend/holiday p.m. visits.
- Turns in cellular phone statements/payments by specified time.
- Submits payroll time slip sheets accurately and timely according to departmental guidelines.
- Obtains and utilizes educational opportunities for professional development, personal growth and remains up to date with current trends.
- Assumes responsibility for being informed about developments in the department and the health care field.
- Informs and interprets health information to clients/caregivers and other members of the home health team.
- Identifies own learning needs by participating in educational activities within the department, organization and the community.
- Meets and maintains all departmental and UnityPoint Health educational requirements and other certifications required by UnityPoint Health.
- Participates and/or assists departmental work groups/teams.
- Is knowledgeable of payor sources requirements, Standards of Professional Practice, UnityPoint Health policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Obtains/Maintains UnityPoint Health technical skills, competencies or certifications requirement for the UnityPoint Health and specific client populations.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Certificate of completion from an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse training program.
1-3 years of experience in an acute care setting.
1-3 years of experience in home health care.
Current licensure in good standing as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Illinois.
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 30 days of hire/start date.
Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License in the State of Illinois.
Must possess and maintain auto insurance.
Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) must be run annually.
Required English Skills
- Advanced reading skills
- Advanced writing skills
- Advanced oral skills
- Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker
- Interaction with a wide variety of people
- Maintain confidential information
- Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information
- Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor
- Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new applications.
- Familiarity with home care software and email use
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities/hospitals.
Required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.