Job Title: Helpdesk Support Agent
Location: Bloomington, IN or Mesa, AZ
Reports to: Senior Systems Engineer
Department/Team: Information Technology
FLSA: $18.00 per hour
Innovate. Grow. Bloom.
The healthcare insurance industry is growing faster than any other insurance sector in the United States. If you are looking for a challenging career with a growing company where you can make a difference, earn a great salary, and be recognized for your forward thinking, then you have found it at Bloom.
Who Is Bloom?
We are the Insurance Industry's Trusted Growth Partner! We are industry visionaries. Bloom is an insurance services company licensed in 48 contiguous U.S. states. Driven by our deep insurance sales experience, we primarily focus on enabling health plans to increase membership and improve the enrollee experience while reducing costs. We also seek to constantly innovate through people-centered products and services. We concentrate on two areas of service: technology services and call center services. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art software products and services provide greater efficiency and cost savings to clients. Our call center services feature highly specialized, experienced, and dedicated telephonic sales agents. This is what we do at Bloom and you can be part of it.
We provide advanced sales and enrollment automation software to the insurance industry through our Ascend™ technology platform. Bloom's Ascend™ technology platform focuses on sales automation efficiencies and optimizing the member experience from the first moment a prospect considers a health plan membership.
We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. Our office environment is fun and casual, we want our team to enjoy the space in which they work. You'll get to know your fellow employees at our fun events and team lunches. Our community engagement events offer opportunities to give back to the community through volunteering and other activities.
Purpose and Objective
Provides Tier I phone support for internal users
Essential Functions (Primary)
Day to day functions include the following:
- Function as first point of contact for end users
- Respond to support requests via telephone
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and relevant questioning
- Ensure optimum customer experience and satisfaction
- Follow-up and update status/information on open requests
- Review end-user documentation for accuracy and usability
- Adhere to shift schedule and other departmental and company policies
- Document reported issues
- Direct unresolved support requests to the next level of support
- Follow up on ongoing issues in a timely manner
Additional Functions (Secondary)
- Create end user documentation when gaps are identified
- Assist with testing out changes to internal applications
- Contribute to Confluence
The following are required to perform the essential functions of the job:
- High School Diploma or Associate's Degree (preferred)
- Prior customer service experience is preferred
- Proficient with computers and technology
- Willingness to learn new things
- Patience & positivity
- A great attitude
- Willingness to ask for help when needed
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Pleasant phone voice and proper grammar
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong customer service orientation
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have long conversations, sit for long periods of time, listen, have close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee frequently is required to use hands to type, write, or answer phone. The employee is occasionally required to stand for long periods during events, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
This job operates in a professional office environment and may have the ability to work for home from time to time based on a rotating schedule. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
At Bloom, we care about people—and that includes our employees. We know our employees are key to our success and the success of our clients. We offer an engaging, supportive work environment, great benefits, and the opportunity to build the career you always wanted.
Bloom is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.