Location: Columbus, IN
No, this isn’t one of those ordinary jobs.
We are a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
We are a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Powering your potential.
Our Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for a Cybersecurity Application and Data Engineer.
- Conducts software and systems engineering and software systems research to develop new capabilities, ensuring cybersecurity is fully integrated.
- Conducts comprehensive technology research to evaluate potential vulnerabilities in cyberspace systems.
- Conducts vulnerability scans, analyzes findings and makes recommendations to help mitigate or eliminate vulnerabilities in systems.
- Identifies systemic issues based on the analysis of vulnerability findings, configuration assessments and derived metrics.
- Troubleshoots hardware/software interfaces and interoperability between integrated systems.
- Conducts system engineering and research to develop new solutions that ensure cybersecurity controls are integrated into the enterprise to support business goals.
- Integrates and aligns cybersecurity system configurations to ensure system performance meets documented requirements.
- Conducts and/or supports authorized penetration tools and testing on enterprise assets.
- Designs hardware, operating systems, and software applications to adequately address cybersecurity requirements. Ensure all systems security operations and maintenance activities are properly documented and updated as necessary.
- Ensures application of security patches for commercial products integrated into system design meet the timelines dictated by the management authority for the intended operational environment.
- Ensures cybersecurity-enabled products or other compensating security control technologies reduce identified risk to an acceptable level.
- Assesses adequate access controls based on principles of least privilege and need-to-know.
- Ensures the execution of disaster recovery and continuity of operations.
- Implements security measures to resolve vulnerabilities, mitigate risks and recommend security changes to system or system components as needed.
- Implements specific cybersecurity countermeasures for systems and/or applications.
- Assesses and monitor cybersecurity related to system implementation and testing practices.
- Verifies minimum security requirements are in place for all applications.
- Performs cybersecurity testing of developed applications and/or systems.
- Performs security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop a security risk management plan.
Cybersecurity System Integration - Creates, writes, tests and deploys scripts, code, configurations and controls utilizing the appropriate standards, best practices and tools to provide system integration and data fusion that enable better cybersecurity visibility, assessment and automation.
Systems Requirements Planning - Develops a detailed set of use cases and requirements through documenting and deriving capabilities that are needed to operate, manage, administer and deploy enterprise cybersecurity capabilities and tools.
Technology Research and Development - Conducts technology assessment and integration processes through proof of concept projects to evaluate its utility.
Troubleshooting - Diagnoses and resolves the customer-identified issue by utilizing appropriate department standards to satisfy customer expectations.
Data Administration - Administers data storage and applications through proper training and coordinated efforts with internal and external partners to maintain system health and uptime.
Network Services - Installs, configures, tests, operates, maintains and manages network security equipment and software through proper training and collaboration with internal and external partners to enable the secure sharing and transmission of data in support of cybersecurity and business information systems.
Systems Administration - Installs, configures, troubleshoots and maintains server configurations through proper training and coordinated efforts with internal and external partners to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data and systems.
Tech savvy - Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Balances stakeholders - Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Optimizes work processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Instills trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- 3-5 years of cybersecurity work experience is required.
- Experience with Cloud technology and concepts preferred.
- Knowledge of configuration management techniques, security management. security system design tools, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of software engineering and systems security testing and evaluation methods.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in Cyber Security, Information Technology or a related subject or equivalent industry experience required.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
We validate right to work using E-Verify.
We will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .