The Blender Specialist sets up and operates equipment that mixes or blends ingredients used in the manufacturing of food products.
- Record production and test data for each food product batch, such as the ingredients used, temperature, test results, and time cycle.
- Follow recipes to produce food products of specified flavor, texture, clarity, bouquet, or color.
- Set up, operate, and tend equipment that cooks, mixes, blends, or processes ingredients in the manufacturing of food products, according to formulas or recipes.
- Mix or blend ingredients, according to recipes, using a paddle, ribbon blender or by controlling vats that heat and mix ingredients.
- Clean and sterilize blender and factory processing areas.
- Select and measure or weigh ingredients, using English or metric measures and balance scales.
- Turn valve controls to start equipment and to adjust operation to maintain product quality.
- Observe gauges and thermometers to determine if the mixing chamber temperature is within specified limits, and turn valves to control the temperature.
- Observe and listen to equipment to detect possible malfunctions, such as leaks or plugging, and report malfunctions or undesirable tastes to supervisors.
- Must be able to document batch data with accuracy and legibility.
- Able to physically perform the functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions
- Possess visual acuity to document company records
- Able to lift 40 pounds
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions in English
- Work well in a team environment and have strong communication skills
- Ability to work extended hours while standing
- Good job performance and attendance records