SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor — supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States — as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. We're always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
A day in the life of a Logistics Account Specialist is never the same but, in this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Carrier and Account Management teams to ensure all orders are scheduled, entered, tracked and updated in a timely manner from origin to destination. This position serves as the foundation of learning our business/industry and focuses on data entry and communication by connecting via phone and email to gather accurate information from carriers and customers.
What you'll Do:
- Enter appointment requests and/or orders received from customers and Logistics team into the transportation management system (TMS) timely and with 100% accuracy.
- Communicate appointments to customers and/or Logistics team in a timely manner.
- Respond to customer inquiries and follow up with customers and internal departments accordingly.
- Ensure processes follow customer Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Manage paperwork requests i.e., Proof of Deliveries (POD) and Bill of Ladings (BOL).
- Receive and document appointment requests from other departments as needed.
- Perform daily check calls and document information and data into systems on loads dispatched.
- Set up appointments with carriers.
- Ensure accurate data capture and update team on any issues with loads through the day.
- Support Accounts Receivable in collection of past due invoices for loads covered.
- This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements; additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Sound Like You? Here's what you'll need:
- Associates Degree is required. BA in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field or civilian or military experience is preferred.
- Must have one (1) year experience in transportation, logistics, supply chain, sales, customer service or related area.
- Experience with Mercury Gate software is preferred.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and strong customer service skills.
- Must have effective organization skills and strong attention to detail and data entry skills.
- Ability to follow up and problem solve.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment along with working independently.
- Must maintain regular attendance and be present at work to communicate and interact with customers and co-workers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, etc.) required; experience with a transportation management system preferred.
- Must be able to participate in on-call rotation.
- This is a Salaried role, with Bonus potential
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The associate is frequently required to sit/stand/walk. May be required to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the associate is subject to a typical office environment and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.