We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room - Surgery Recovery Room 002 - Part-Time, Day - St. V Indianapolis Hospital - Indianapolis, IN
two 12hr shifts/week; M-F , shift hrs 6:30 am - 7:00 pm with some weekend and holiday on call rotation required.
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
Who are we?
The Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) is within St Vincent Hospital. We provide post-surgical and anesthesia care to both outpatients and inpatients following a variety of surgeries and procedures. We take care of many different patient types including critical care patients. We are passionate about what we do and are committed to making the surgical experience easier and less stressful for patient and caregiver.
As an RN in this area, you will provide direct nursing care and support for adult and post-operative patients, and on occasion pediatric patients as well during off hours and weekends when the Pediatric PACU is closed. This recovery phase of the surgical experience extends from the time the patient is transferred out of the OR until they successfully meet discharge criteria and proceed to the IP unit or phase 2 recovery and discharged from the hospital. You will perform careful assessments and immediate interventions in assisting the patient to recover quickly, safely and as comfortably as possible.
What You Will Do:
- Provide direct nursing care for patients in the post-operative period
- Support and educate patients/families regarding procedure and plan of care
- Evaluate patient responses to treatments and interventions
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate through post-anesthesia recovery
- Work collaboratively with team members
- Follow guidelines according to the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) and the American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses (ASPAN)
Excellent multi-tasking, communication skills and a desire to provide excellent customer service are necessary
Flexibility in schedule is also a must
This department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Some weekend and holiday call is required.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify links below for more information.
Right to Work