Now hiring a part-time cook to join our dietary team.
- Evening Shift: 1:00p.m.- 7:00 p.m.
Part Time Cook, will work two days shifts & two night shifts, per week, with every 3rd weekend off. Rotating holidays.
Paid training provided to the right candidate!
Under general supervision of the Dietary Services Manager, the Cook position assures that resident meals and other nourishment's are properly prepared/cooked and apportioned according to authorized menus and individual care plans, and are served according to established schedules, consistent with regulations and standards of practice. Functions within strictly defined procedures with little latitude for variation or change.
- Must be willing to complete the following during new hire orientation:
- Food, Safety, and Sanitation Study Courses
- Modified Diet Training
- Demonstrated skills in quantity food preparation and service.
- Functional Literacy in written and spoken English.
- Proficient interpersonal relationships and communication skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Handle and prepare food in a sanitary manner.
- Prepare food which is palatable and appetizing in appearance, with strict adherence to written recipes, menus, an individual diet orders, including:
- Food items on assigned/scheduled menus;
- Special items/meals/snacks/therapeutic or modified diets;
- Special nourishment's/supplements as instructed by dietary services manager; labels with resident name and room number;
Refreshments for parties/special events as instructed by dietary services manager.
- Adhere to food production and usage schedules.
- Log and/or record temperatures of food storage as requested, i.e., refrigerators, freezers, milk dispensers, dry storage.
- Maintain sanitation of equipment and utensils, and work/storage/serving areas by cleaning immediately after use and according to established schedule for routine cleaning and established policies and procedures.
- Follow written menus and recipes.
- Appropriately label and store food items/leftovers immediately after use.
- Understand and be able to prepare therapeutic diets.
- Be responsible for avoiding food waste.
- Maintain strict adherence to serving schedules for meals.
- Assist in establishment and maintenance of perpetual supplies inventory, and notifies dietary services manager of shortages or discrepancies.
- Be responsible for care of food service equipment.
- Maintain strict compliance with established policy/practices/standards for food preparation and storage.
- Assist in orientation and on-job training of newly hired dietary services staff.
- Performs other related duties or projects as assigned by dietary services manager.
- Check and log food temperature before serving. Verify all potentially hazardous foods or beverages. Maintain temperatures of 41° or below or 140° or above at all times, except during necessary periods of preparation. Frozen food shall be maintained frozen.
- Cool potentially hazardous foods according to policy/practices/standards of food safety.
- Follow reheating guide to verify food safety.
- Observe and abide by all HIPAA rules and regulations to ensure that personal health information is protected during its collection, use, disclosure, storage and destruction within Care Initiatives; and to ensure only the minimum necessary information is known to function in this position.
- Work cooperatively with food service staff and other departments.
- Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
- Attend in-service training programs for food service employees.
- Perform all duties assigned in an effective, timely and professional manner.
- Observe infection control procedures.
- Follow Residents' Rights policies at all times.
- Observe all facility policies and procedures.
Delegation of Authority
Authority is delegated to the individual in this position to:
- Prepare residents' diets in accordance with diet orders and daily menus.
- Assist the food service supervisor to determine the amount and type of food necessary to prepare the daily menus.
- Monitor use of food to eliminate waste.
- Follow posted menus for food preparation.
- Stock food in compliance with dietary policies and procedures.
Position reports to: Dietary Services Manager
Position Supervises: None
EOE / AAP Veterans & Disabled