Are you a food, beverage, or dairy manufacturing/plant sanitation expert with the ability to drive results for a global Fortune 500 Company? Join Ecolab's industry leading Food & Beverage team as an Account Manager. We are increasing food safety and product quality, enhancing sustainability and boosting operational efficiency. We provide cleaning and sanitation solutions to food, beverage, and dairy manufacturing environments through a dual focus on sales and technical service/consultation to new and existing customers. As strong business partners, Ecolab works with customers to develop sanitation plans and programs, evaluate processes and procedures, troubleshoot technical issues and identify and implement operational efficiencies.
What's in it For You:
- Work with a variety of food, beverage, and dairy manufacturing customers
- Be challenged and gain recognition as you provide unparalleled expertise and a comprehensive set of cleaning and sanitation solutions
- Receive a company vehicle for business and personal use
- Carve out a long term, advanced career path in sales/service, corporate accounts, or management
- Flexible, independent work environment where you will plan your own schedule
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Enjoy a paid training program allowing you to learn from successful professionals
- Grow your income as you drive sales
What You Will Do:
- Build a solid understanding of Ecolab products, plant operations, customer business objectives, and applicable government regulations
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations on Ecolab's innovative products, equipment and services
- Provide industry expertise to customers in terms of sanitation, safety, quality and operations; including assisting with sanitation plans and programs, standard operating procedures, evaluating processes and procedures, identifying and implementing operational efficiencies, and employee training
- Develop strategic work plans for completing sales and service/consultation calls with new and existing customers
- Communicate effectively with all levels of plant staff; build strong business relationships and networks
- Manage Ecolab products and equipment; participate in equipment installations, observe and test equipment and product performance, repair or adjust equipment, adjust chemical concentration levels, monitor product inventory and place orders
- We are looking for candidates who reside within 30 miles of Des Moines, IA
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 years of experience in food, beverage or dairy processing/manufacturing environment OR 2 years of selling into manufacturing environments in technical sales
- Valid driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle record
- Willingness and ability to work varying hours (average: 1-3 overnights per week)
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout a geographic territory
- No Immigration Sponsorship available for this opportunity
- BS/BA degree in dairy, food or agricultural science, engineering, chemistry, biology or related field
- General mechanical ability
- Bilingual - English / Spanish
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Desire to succeed in a competitive environment
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong follow-through and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and to adapt to changing priorities
About Ecolab Food & Beverage:
See how Ecolab helps make 27% of the world's processed food safe. In Food & Beverage, you'll help a wide variety of food, beverage, and brewery processors manage the increasing risks of foodborne illness and contamination. By providing cleaning and sanitizing programs, animal care products, antimicrobial food tissue treatment and many other operational efficiency and product quality programs, Food & Beverage offers the opportunity to work with a combination of innovation and world-class service.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.