New increased starting wages
New nurse management team.
Our reputable five star facility is a recipient of the 2018 Bronze AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award.
Hiring full or part-time LPNs.
A 12 or 8-hour shift could be available.
We welcome all experience levels.
We offer a Tuition Assistance program for individuals pursuing their RN or BSN.
Under general supervision of the Director of Nursing or Nurse Supervisor, the Charge Nurse directs the provision of resident care services for a particular shift and/or unit and supervises the nursing staff assigned to that unit/shift, with responsibility and accountability for assuring that quality nursing care and service to facility residents/families, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and adherence to company policy/procedure occur on that unit/shift. Performs direct nursing services to residents, in accordance with individual plans of care and physicians' orders. Technical assistance, professional guidance, and quality monitoring are provided by administrator, director of nursing, regional consultants, and other nursing professionals on staff.
- Current registration and licensure in the state of Iowa as an LPN. Must be in good standing with the Board of Nursing.
- Evidence of completion of supervisory course approved by the State of Iowa.
- Current, valid CPR certification.
- Knowledge of federal and state long-term care regulations and laws.
- Functional Literacy in written and spoken English.
- Proficient interpersonal relationships and communication skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately.
- Follow established standards of nursing practices and implement facility policies and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for unit/shift staff compliance with rules, regulations, standards of practice and facility policy and procedure; assures that residents receive needed nursing care and services on that shift, according to plans of care and physicians' instructions.
- Interpret existing policies and procedures, rules and regulations to nursing assistants, restorative nursing assistants, residents, families, physicians and agency personnel.
- Supervise and evaluate all direct resident care and initiate corrective action as necessary.
- Document resident care provided and resident's response or lack of response to care provided.
- Obtain report from nurse being relieved and record sufficient information to implement appropriate follow-up action as necessary.
- Provide report to nurse coming on duty, including sufficient information for follow-up action as necessary.
- Take appropriate action to assure adequate staffing to meet residents' needs.
- Conduct resident rounds daily, reporting problems to nursing supervisor and initiating corrective action.
- Identify resident problems and emergency situation and initiate emergency care and "life-saving" measures in the absence of a physician.
- Provide supervision to Nursing Assistant providing direct resident care.
- Follow staffing guidelines and make nursing assignments according to qualifications of staff and characteristics of the resident population.
- Plan daily work assignments and schedule based on residents' needs and available resources, effectively communicates to unit/shift staff, DON, ADON, and Staffing Clerk, and monitors staff compliance with assignments and schedule.
- Counsel and monitor staff's work behavior and performance of assigned duties and recommend disciplinary action to the Director of Nursing, when necessary.
Delegation of Authority
Authority is delegated to the individual in this position to:
- Take appropriate action to assure adequate staffing to provide resident care.
- Supervise and assess resident care and take appropriate action.
- Implement facility procedures to provide resident care.
Position reports to: Director of Nursing or Nursing Supervisor
Position Supervises: CNA's, CMA's, and other nursing staff as applicable