The Senior Loan Officer oversees all lending activity and manages the loan portfolio, including commercial, residential mortgage, consumer, and agriculture loans. Responsible for maintaining, expanding and actively building new client relationships that will promote and enhance growth and profitability. Maintain solid underwriting quality and compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and bank policies.
Key Job Responsibilities
Contribute and support the banks business development efforts with the emphasis on responsible loan growth, which includes making calls on prospective clients and presenting banking proposals to prospects.
Plan, organize and direct the workflow of the loan functions including lending, operations, and credit administration in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures.
Chair the loan committee meetings to obtain loan approvals, exchange ideas, information and suggestions, and to review the application of lending policies, practices and procedures.
Participate in management decisions pertaining to bank policy setting and strategic planning.
Network, develop partnerships, and actively participate in community organizations and activities (often leadership roles) acting to enhance the image of the organization.
Work closely with President to identify key strategies that drive the Company mission and vision.
Coach and mentor direct reports on professional development, including effective implementation and execution of strategies to grow and expand customer relationships.
Hire and onboard new employees, determine salary increases, recommend promotions, manage performance improvement, prepare performance appraisals, and effectively handle disciplinary actions.
Assure the consistent delivery of customer service in order to maximize customer satisfaction and retention.
Assure confidentiality of customer information and adhere to all operational, security, risk and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Cultivate a culture that supports our core values through innovation, creativity, teamwork and diversity.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related field. Minimum 10 to 15 years of previous lending experience (preference given to those with demonstrated commercial, real estate and other lending success in a community bank environment).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to exhibit our core values of Excellence, Integrity, Ownership and Community.
- Basic computer literacy, with knowledge of computer software (i.e. Microsoft Windows Operating System and Office applications).
- Well organized, accurate and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently or in team environment.
- Strong reading, writing, and basic mathematical skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to resolve challenging customer and/or employee situations.
- Ability to coach, mentor and lead a team of employees.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit or stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will constantly use and talk on the telephone and use a computer and other office equipment. The employee may frequently be required to drive a vehicle to additional branch locations.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently located inside an office building. The employee is occasionally exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
Regular hours: M-F 8-5, Saturday rotation
Reporting to this position: 5-7 direct reports
United Bank & Trust
2101 South Center Street
Marshalltown, IA 50158