Participates in direct patient care and other supportive activities under the direct delegation of the licensed nursing staff. Maintains and applies principles of safety. Recognizes when and how to escalate patient concerns up the chain of command. Works in cooperation with other health team members. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output as directed.
- Assists with bathing, feeding, dressing, turning and repositioning, and transporting (wheelchair, cart, or walking).
- Answers call lights, phones, changes bed linen, directs visitors, runs errands, and performs other functions as directed by the nursing staff.
- Observes the patients' physical, mental, and emotional conditions and reports any changes to the nursing staff.
- Abides by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability privacy and security regulations regarding all aspects of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Serves a population newborn through geriatric.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Previous exposure to a medical environment.
- Medical terminology.
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty and the willingness to do the right thing.
The ability to role model, inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of caring that is reflected in a high level of empathy and customer service with all that we come in contact.
Ability to manage conflict, consider other points of view, and offer alternative solutions without jeopardizing overall project direction and the ability to manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrated track record of ownership of situations, projects and issues.
Able to work autonomously and have a high degree of flexibility to adapt to changing projects, priorities and work volumes.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse population.
Treat all internal and external customers with a positive, proactive service orientation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a proven ability to influence and lead teams to conclusion/decision making.
- Proven ability to think strategically but also must be able to lead day-to-day tactical processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and provide coaching and leadership on complex projects.
- Must be able to lead and/or facilitate process improvement.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Completion of one of the following four:
- Completion of a nurse assistant training program; OR
- Six months previous nurse assistant experience; OR
- Emergency medical technician (EMT) experience; OR
- Successful completion of the first semester of nursing school clinical, which includes basic clinical skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- One year nurse assistant experience in an acute care setting.
- Healthcare Provider BLS – if BLS is not American Heart Association, AHA BLS is required within three months of hire.
- Certification as a CNA in the State of Kansas is required for employment on the Skilled Nursing Unit.
- American Heart Association BLS.
We offer competitive pay, a generous benefit package and a reason to be proud of what you do, every day.