QR Code Link to This Post
Automobile Technician Mechanic
Big O Tires is currently seeking an experienced Automobile Technician Mechanic to join our team in Lawrence, KS.
Big O Tires was founded in 1962 by a grassroots collective of proudly independent tire dealers. Nearly half a century later, Big O Tires has evolved into one of North America's largest retail tire franchisors, with over 400 franchise and company-owned locations in 19 states.
As our Automobile Technician Mechanic, you will be responsible for maintaining service operations by inspecting and maintaining vehicles.
* Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
* Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components.
* Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
* Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
* Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
* Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
* Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Education and Experience:
* ASE Certifications preferred
* 1 - 3 years' previous experience
Skills and Abilities:
* High energy level, dependability and persistence
* Excellent time management and attendance
* Ability to work independently
* Safety Management
* Problem Solving skills
* Ability to dealing with complexity
* Analyzing Information
* Team oriented
* Working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment, etc.)
Compensation and Benefits:
* Competitive market-based salary; commensurate with experience
* Comprehensive Benefits package available