We invite you to Explore the Potential of being part of something Clearly Essential!
At Compass Minerals, we harvest, mine and produce essential minerals that deal with nature's challenges, including – but not limited to – highway deicing salt for the winter months, water softening salt and plant nutrition that improves the quality and yield of crops. We transform Earth's resources that ultimately help keep people safe, feed the world and enrich lives, every day.
With our company headquarters in Overland Park, KS, Compass Minerals operates in 27 locations throughout the United States, Canada, Brazil & the United Kingdom. We're committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone's voice matters. We believe in work that creates value for all stakeholders, encourages collaboration at all levels and focuses on a high-performance environment where employees are challenged to be their best.
Summary: The Security Receptionist will be responsible for coordinating corporate guest arrival and departure as well as lead preventative security measures for all floors of the corporate headquarters.
Essential Job Functions: Include but are not limited to the following:
(Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities at any time.)
- Manage the front desk to control access and ensure guests and customers have a positive experience at Compass Minerals headquarters
- Develop and perform standard check in procedures to ensure visitor and employee safety
- Assist Compass Minerals employees with security access needs
- Operate and maintain front desk phone system, including routing phone calls
- Ability to proactively lead security protocol planning and preparation for any security situation, be able to develop risk mitigation strategies and response plans
- Complete and submit security incident reports along with proposals to mitigate future risk
- Coordinate with local law enforcement in critical situations to ensure implementation of security protocols
- Train employees on security protocols
- Contribute as part of the environmental health safety and sustainability team
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- 2-4 years' experience in like field
- Background in security, military or law enforcement
- Licensed to carry a firearm, extensive training with firearms as well as routine range qualification
- Tactical response training preferred
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be approachable and have excellent customer service skills
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compass Minerals is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Compass Minerals is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-344-9200