Position Purpose & Summary
The purpose of the National Sales Manager: Deli & Prepared Foods is to lead the deli and prepared foods sales team (located remotely throughout the United States) in the creation and execution of sales plans that serve customer needs and meet the targets established by the commercial business team. Focused on growth, this role is designed to provide coaching and leadership to the sales team and serves on the Retail Sales Leadership Team as an important resource to the retail sales leader. It is very important that this person be capable of creating and executing a plan and delivering results through the leadership of people. This is not an individual contributor position. Please note that this position can be seated anywhere in the United States with the opportunity to work remotely.
40% Manage results to achieve established goals for the deli and prepared foods product lines
35% Effectively serve as a leader and coach for the sales team (6-8 individuals), providing direction and assistance to help them achieve their goals.
15% Provide feedback to internal stakeholders on customer and salesperson needs related to product portfolio, sales materials, customer approach, etc.
10% Miscellaneous projects assigned by leadership team
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 7 years' experience in sales leadership
- A willingess to travel up to 50% of the time
- Must be able to legally operate a vehicle in performance of work duties
- 7 years' experience selling deli and/or processed/prepared food products
- Sales Management, broker management, customer and territory planning, business acumen, talent development and planning
- 10 years' experience in sales leadership
- 10 years' experience selling deli and/or processed/prepared food products
- Category management, Neilsen/IRI competency, Power BI basics
- Competency using Saleforce CRM tool