Risk Placement Services, Inc. is one of the nation's largest specialty wholesale insurance brokerage firms. We work with top-rated carriers to design robust coverage for our clients. Our employees are fueled by a culture built around teamwork, creativity and responsiveness.
The Underwriting Assistant provides assistance as required by the Underwriting unit to support renewal and new business activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance as required by the underwriting unit to support renewal and new business activities.
- Gathers and organizes information and reports (e.g., loss runs, risk assessments, and loss ratings) that support the underwriting decision.
- May assist the Underwriter with the computation of rates and premiums.
- May review incoming insurance applications for accuracy and completeness.
- High school diploma; no experience required.
- 1 year related experience
- Detail oriented; strong analytical skills and good communication and interpersonal skills
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. For U.S. employment opportunities, Risk Placement Services, Inc. hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. RPS will require proof of work authorization.
- Willing to execute RPS' Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure.
RPS offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Risk Placement Services believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Risk Placement Services will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.