Baptist Health strives to cultivate a close-knit, positive and professional environment that encourages our employees to want to come to work every day.
When you choose Baptist, you have an opportunity to play a role in providing compassionate, quality care that makes a difference in the lives of our patients and promotes joy throughout our communities.
This position is the Administrative Assistant to the Chief Information Officer and assists with day to day activities for the Chief Medical Information Officer. Position also manages the 4 administrative assistant positions within the IT department and supports the Vice President of IT Operations.
Maintains a close and highly responsive relationship with the day-to-day activities of the Chief Information Officer, Chief Medical Information Officer and Chief Information Security Officer. Possesses a mastery of office skills and assume responsibility without direct supervision. Performs work of a confidential nature. Makes decisions within the scope of his/her authority. Provides administrative support to all IS staff members as required. Assist the administrative staff including accounting analyst and can perform their jobs in their absence.
The following is a summary of the major functions of this individual's job. He or she may perform other duties, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below, and specific functions may change from time to time. Competency will be determined by direct observation.
- Manages CIO, CISO and CMIO administrative functions in order to increase CIO, CISO and CMIO productivity for Vice President level responsibilities.
- Manages daily operation of Information Services administrative office.
- Completes evaluation of Information Services administrative staff
- Supervises the positions of Administrative Assistant, Department Secretary and Receptionist. Provides mentorship to the administrative team.
- Maintains an effective and efficient administrative office atmosphere to include professionally meeting and screening visitors to administration, coordinating communications and acting as a resource person.
- Demonstrates problem-solving ability by identifying issues negatively affecting the executive offices and, within reason, attempts to resolve such problems.
- Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material.
- Schedules appointments, meetings and ensures that all pertinent information is recorded in the VP / CIO, CISO and CMIO's Calendar.
- Gathers, organizes and mails materials for senior and executive level I.T. meetings and other projects. Attends meetings and prepares minutes according to established guidelines and maintains records of minutes and all materials. Selects menus as required.
- Assist the VP / CIO, CISO and CMIO by scheduling meetings, meeting rooms, and equipment through the online system.
- Establishes and maintains policies and processes applicable to the administrative operation of the department for better efficiency and effectiveness. Modifies, edits and maintains IS Resource Manuals. Serves as a resource for administrative information and distributes documents as required.
- Schedules travel arrangements, checks airline tickets for accuracy, prepares itineraries, completes seminar / conference pre-approval and obtains all required signatures, prepares check requests and follows-up on same for the CIO, CISO and CMIO.
- Maintains file of receipts for expenses incurred by the VP / CIO, CMIO to match with American Express statements. Generates expense reports for the VP / CIO and CMIO for all expenses incurred.
- Prepares routine and complex correspondence including letters, memoranda and reports.
- Demonstrates problem-solving ability by identifying and evaluating issues negatively affecting information services and, within reason, attempt to resolve such problems.
- Ensures prompt completion of personal and confidential correspondence authorized by the VP / CIO, CMIO and composes routine correspondence in support of the operations of the Information Services department within required time frame.
- Manages the care of PTO/Sick time for the VP/CIO, CISO and CMIO.
- Answers phones, directing calls to appropriate parties. Takes informative messages assuring that messages are delivered as soon as possible. Greet visitors, assist in locating meeting rooms, training rooms, etc. Provides relief for the third floor receptionist when required.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Promotes corporate integrity through compliance with the BHS Corporate Compliance Program.
Bachelor Degree in Office Administration or related field or five (5) years previous work experience in a similar position. Possess a mastery of office skills and able to handle a wide variety of responsibilities without direct supervision in a fast-paced environment. Skilled in the use of personal computers.
If you would like to be part of a growing family focused on supporting clinical excellence, teamwork and innovation, we urge you to apply now!
Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.