WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
This position is responsible for the supervision of shift operations to ensure the safe, efficient and effective operations of manufacturing, filling and warehouse departments. The Production Supervisor is accountable for meeting goals related to Safety, Quality, People, Service, Cost and Housekeeping Excellence. This position will review operations to ensure attainment of assigned goals and will be responsible for anticipating and taking proactive measures to resolve operational concerns. This position is also accountable for leading an engaged workforce that ensures positive employee relations.
Major Tasks Include:
- Coach, train, discipline, motivate and manage hourly manufacturing employees.
- Promote and maintain positive employee relations and a total quality-working environment with employees.
- Act as a positive liaison between employees and management.
- Maintain Housekeeping Excellence standards for shift and department.
- Meet and/or exceed departmental goals.
- Manage electronic timecards for employees for production and/or payroll.
- Perform annual performance appraisals with each employee.
- Support site safety programs, implement new safety procedures and recommend safety improvement and assure safety compliance to create and maintain a safe work environment for employees.
- Must be familiar with equipment and operating procedures in order to make educated judgment decisions and recognize defective equipment or substandard product and utilize appropriate resources to resolve.
- Coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality for products to ensure they meet specifications.
- Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure, operating problems, personnel, etc.
- Assure all team members are properly trained in critical areas of safety, housekeeping, time management, quality standards and continuous improvement. Transition new team members into the team quickly and efficiently upon assignment.
- Demonstrate leadership that is consistent with Company vision, mission and values.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED certificate is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status
- Must have experience using MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point and/or Access)
- Must have one year of experience in a manufacturing, distribution, or operations environment, or completion of the GSC trainee program.
- Hands on technical/troubleshooting experience
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the technical aspects of the manufacturing process
- Must be flexible to work alternate shift patterns
- Interpersonal and leadership skills (outgoing and engaged leadership style)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong work ethic and high energy level
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience is preferred
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree, working towards a degree, or willingness to pursue a degree is preferred
- Formal training and/or experience with continuous improvement tools such as Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, Transactional Lean, etc. is preferred
- Experience with timekeeping and/or production control systems is preferred
- Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt, Black Belt, Etc.) is preferred
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.