Job Description Defined
This description is a broad, general, and written statement of a specific job, based on the findings of a job analysis. It generally includes duties, purpose, responsibilities, scope, and working conditions of a job along with the job's title, and the name or designation of the person to whom the employee reports. Its intent is to form the basis of job specification, not specific details of job function.
This position is responsible for all of the manufacturing related functions within the facility to include achievement of plant goals related to safety, quality, scrap, and efficiencies. This includes assignment of personnel and production decision making to support safety, quality, delivery, and cost initiatives. This position will analyze production reporting and ensure resources are in place to meet requirements.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Responsible for plant goals related to safety, quality, scrap, and efficiencies.
- Provide direction to and support plant supervision in efforts related to safety, quality, and cost. Document activities and organize efforts for problem solving.
- Monitor production schedules and production reporting to ensure most efficient
use of resources. Coordinate and direct plant teams when necessary.
- Ensure manufacturing team is following appropriate rules and regulations -
including safety/environmental standards, quality standards, process instructions, and TS-16949 guidelines.
- Promote and monitor 5S/2S principles throughout facility.
- Effectively communicate manufacturing status to support teams.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly reports for management level review
regarding plant scrap and line efficiencies.
- Approve all plant overtime scenarios to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Lead improvement initiatives for manufacturing related concerns to assist
achieve plant goals for safety, quality, and cost.
- Consistent and direct communication with manufacturing associates to maintain platform for open communication.
- Participate in problem solving efforts for plant issues. Be able to coach others in problem solving principles.
- Ensure training of manufacturing associates is complete and effective.
- Perform budgetary planning for associates, support, and capital items related to manufacturing. Provide justifications for budgetary decisions including capital.
- Work with HR to evaluate associate manning needs and short-term manning plans.
- Carries out supervisory/management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and acceptable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by manager.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid
- The ability to interact professionally with employees, customers and suppliers at all levels. Must have the ability to interact with both Japanese and Americans.
- The ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and
analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; and work well in group problem solving.
- Develop project plans; coordinate projects; communicate changes and
progress; complete projects on time and budget; manage project team
- Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Must be proficient with MS Excel.
- Demonstrate group and individual presentation skills; actively participate in meetings, including high level customer, supplier, and business leader meetings.
- The ability to write legibly and logically to communicate with both internal and external customers. This includes high level customer, supplier, and business leader communications.
Education & Experience Required
- BS or BA degree (Mgmt focus is preferred)
- 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5 years manufacturing related management
- Production Supervisors
- Production Manager
- Maintenance Manager
- Plant and Office Environments
- Candidate must be able to handle confidential data. Some travel required.