We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health and discover your future today!
This job performs a variety of patient food services, cafeteria food services, dish room duties and other related tasks. Prepares and portions food items, sets up stations, serves and replenishes food, and breaks down stations at the end of meal periods. Provides backup support for all cafeteria and tray line positions. Follows established food production policies, procedures and guidelines. Cleans and sanitizes workstations, counters, steam tables and other equipment. Delivers and retrieves trays, maintains reports and logs, and checks diet orders. Orders, receives, and stocks food supplies.
Required - High School diploma or equivalent
Required - none
Preferred - 6 months food service experience
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care process
- Basic math, reading and writing skills
- Skills to follow menus and production sheets and follows meal patterns
- Participates in food safety practices and related activities including maintaining a clean environment
- Participates in quality improvement and patient satisfaction practices
- Completes food preparation tasks with knowledge of special diets and their restrictions in a timely manner.
- Cross-trains in all aide related jobs
- Participates in activities for professional development
- Prepares all assigned food items. Stocks and replenishes all assigned areas with prepared food.
- Maintains strict sanitation standards in work area
- Requisitions all necessary food items and ensures par level supplies
- Delivers and retrieves patient trays and formula feedings
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Other related duties as required.
Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Remains knowledgeable on current federal, state and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws, regulations and standards.
This employer maintains and complies with its Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns.
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
The incumbent works in a patient care area; works in an area where patients enter; works directly with patients; and/or works with specimens that could contain diseases. There may be an occupational risk for exposure to all communicable diseases.
Because the incumbent works within a healthcare setting, there may be occupational risk for exposure to hazardous medications or hazardous waste within the environment through receipt, transport, storage, preparation, dispensing, administration, cleaning and/or disposal of contaminated waste. The risk level of exposure may increase depending on the essential job duties of the role.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today!
Ochsner Health endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Solution Center at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish.
Affirmative Action Policy Statement