Live here. Play here. Bank here. Work here.
If you're looking to build your career at a forward-thinking organization with deep community roots and a vision for growth, success, and giving back, you've come to the right place.
Primary responsibilities consist of achieving individual sales goals and for completing all customer facing activities. The essential functions are noted below; however, at Camden National responsibilities may evolve over time given organization, technological and/or staffing changes. At any point other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Contributes to the success of the banking center by meeting or exceeding individual sales goals.
- Responsible for all customer facing activities including new account opening, account maintenance, problem resolution and sales and service activities.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of bank products and services.
- Employs Building Trusted Relationship skills to acquire, expand and retain customer relationships.
- May have HELOC lending responsibilities.
- May have regular or occasional responsibilities for teller transactions.
- Adheres to teller and Relationship Banker policies and procedures; ensures regulatory compliance.
- Processes a variety of transactions using own judgement regarding validity of transactions presented. Refers activities outside of own authority or questionable transactions to Assistance Banking Center Manager or Banking Center Manager.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of debits and credits
- Working knowledge of the Vertex Teller, Onboard Deposits, CRM, Jack Henry Experience, Jabber and Cisco Telephone systems
- Experience with customer relations
- Demonstrated ability to use a computer.
- Willingness to learn and speak with customers about products and services and to learn cross-selling skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detail oriented, with patience for performing repetitive tasks.
- Skillful and accurate operation of a ten-key adding machine
- Demonstrated accuracy in numeric data processing
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school. Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Excel Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.