Patient Service Rep - Center for Health & Rehab Services, Per Diem
Center for Health and Rehab Services
15 Enterprise Dr Suite 100
Augusta, Maine, 04330
MaineGeneral Health is offering an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our team as a Patient Service Representative (PSR). This position is vital role in our department. You are expected to giving our patients exceptional customer service the moment they walk into our practice. A Patient Services Representative greets the patient, verifies insurance, confirms patient demographics, accepts co-payments and makes follow-up appointments if necessary. These are just some of the important responsibilities the Patient Services Representative has to ensure our patients enjoy the best healthcare experience possible. This position requires excellent communication, computer and phone skills and the ability to multi-task!
- Greets and registers patients in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
- Answers telephones, takes messages, provides non-medical information and distributes calls.
- Use electronic medical records system to provide information and/or request information from providers and other clinical personnel.
- Schedules appointments for routine and acute care.
- Assists with coverage in other areas of front office as needed.
- Prepares paperwork for patient visit, prompts patients for demographic and insurance data, explains consent form and obtains signature in accordance with consent standard.
- Discharges patient, collects co-pays and outstanding balances, schedules future appointments for follow-up care and forwards appropriate referral paperwork if indicated.
- Provides patient with appropriate paperwork for further diagnostic testing as indicated in patient's electronic medical record and as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency in a suite of Microsoft Office applications
- Billing/coding experience helpful, medical terminology preferred, accounts receivable/cash handling experience
- Ability to work independently, effective time management and problem solving skills, able to manage multiple priorities
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Confident and effective oral and written communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic, are encouraged to apply.