Nationally recognized and accredited, each year Sweetser connects 20,000 children, adults, and family members with the services they need and deserve in the treatment of mental illness. The organization's roots in residential care for children date back to 1828.
Our caring and compassionate professionals provide services in mental health, recovery and education, creating promising futures for the children, adults and families we serve. Our professionals include psychiatrists, psychologists, advanced practice psychiatric nurses and licensed clinical social workers, supporting our statewide network of care:
- Community-based services: Assertive Community Treatment, Behavioral Health Home, Community
Integration, Primary Care Integration, and School-based Services
- Crisis Services: Crisis Stabilization Units, and Mobile Crisis Intervention
- Outpatient Services: Affiliate Network, Individual, Family or Group Therapy, New England Eating Disorders, Psychiatric
Services, School-based Therapy, and Substance Use Disorder Therapy
- Peer Services: Intentional Warm Line, and Peer Training Network
- Residential and Educational Services: Day Treatment Services, FOCUS Through Adventure, and Specialized Schools
As part of our dynamic, growing organization, you can help make a difference in the lives of the children, adults, and families of Maine. A nationally recognized and accredited leader, we have the resources to help you excel: competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits and a motivated team of more than 700 employees. Find out how Sweetser can make all the difference in your career!
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Supervisor - Residential Services (House 1)
Job Code:10460 Location:Belfast 04915 Department:Staff Intensive Supv FT/PT Status:Full Time Summary: Maintain ongoing residential effectiveness by assuring the administrative coordination of a variety of safety, therapeutic and operational issues. Responsible for administrative activities and oversight of a residential program. Supervise Assistant Supervisor, program YFCs and relief YFCs. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrate leadership by coordinating all residential program components.
- Integrate the work of the school by routinely coordinating residential and educational interactions.
- Serve as Supervisor on Duty when assigned by assuming responsibility for phone coverage, crisis intervention and insuring adequate staffing.
- Provide a safe, structured therapeutic group living milieu by ensuring the physical safety and welfare for residents, including hygiene, clothing, food and medical care.
- Maintain upkeep of physical plant by assuring the maintenance of a safe, clean and pleasant group living environment.
- Assure proper staffing levels by participating in the hiring of child care staff.
- Assist in staff training as assigned.
- Effectively employ therapeutic crisis intervention (T.C.I.) procedures.
- Ensure positive job results for residential staff by monitoring and appraising job performance.
- Works with families by demonstrating thorough understanding of the family-centered practice, communicating understanding of the systems, facilitating contact with the primary's family system and being personally familiar with all involved families.
- Collaboration with the program clinician to ensure milieu treatment is in line with the Individual Treatment Plan.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must pass the competency tests of a Youth & Family Counselor Level I, II, and III.
- Must obtain certification as an Other Qualified Mental Health Professional within one (1) month of assignment.
- Must maintain a valid state driver's license.
- Supervisory experience.
- Four (4) years experience working in the Youth and Family Field.
- Ability to work with difficult-to-manage youth.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other professionals on behalf of youth and their families.
- Capacity to develop a professional orientation to child care.
- At least an intermediate proficiency using a personal computer.
- Persons with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse system are encouraged to apply.
- sign-on bonuses apply to external candidates only*