The Clinical Nurse at Mid Coast Hospital is responsible for all aspects of clinical management of patient care including assessment, diagnosing, identifying outcomes, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care. Our nurses demonstrate high standards of professional practice including collegiality, collaboration, ethics, research, resource utilization and leadership.
Participate in implementing patients' treatment plans by:
- monitoring patients' progress
- communicating information regarding patients' behavior to other members of treatment team
- maintains communication with patient, family members and referral sources in patient's interest
- encouraging and facilitating patients' participation in therapeutic activities
- supervising patients to ensure their safety and their involvement in treatment
- Maintain a safe, orderly, and therapeutic physical environment for patients.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Must complete Behavioral Emergencies training within first year of employment.
- Must have strong communication and patient/family teaching skills.
- Background in Behavioral Health nursing strongly preferred.