Position Title: Full-time Dairy/Frozen Food Lead
Perform duties that ensure department appearance, quality, variety, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest level. Demonstrate a strong culture in support of Hannaford Strategy. Build customer relations and provide enthusiastic customer awareness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise performance of all duties and responsibilities of all Dairy Frozen Food associates as/when assigned by management.
- Role model outstanding, friendly customer service and use skills and knowledge to offer solutions that meet or exceed customer's expectations.
- Use good judgment in the delegation, assignment, and follow-up required for the efficient performance of the department.
- Support all operational aspects of Dairy Frozen Food operations as delegated by management.
- Aid in growing sales through effective merchandising strategies.
- Adhere to all of the standard practices in the Center Store Standard Practices Manual.
- Ensure that Dairy Frozen Food conditions involving department appearance, quality, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest level.
- Receive, store, process and merchandise all products in accordance with established department standard practices.
- Maintain accurate records of production, shrink, sales, and inventory.
- Cut, mark and stock product, as required.
- Assist in communicating department and company policies to associates.
- Perform various department functions as needed to meet production and customer service guidelines.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Understanding of store operations and merchandising techniques required.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to lead and direct others.
- Effective communication, customer service and selling skills.
- Must meet minimum age requirements.
- Lift up to 20 lbs. regularly, including overhead lifting, and up to 60 lbs. occasionally. Push/pull up to 40 lbs. regularly.
- Meet established volume/activity standards.
- Stand or walk 100% of the time.
- Frequent reaching, grasping and lifting individual stock items below waist level or above shoulder level.
- Frequent bending, kneeling and squatting.
- Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials and food products.
- Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
- Ability to use computers, calculators and communication systems required to perform the job functions.