POSITION – Union: Substation Electrical Specialist - Lewiston, ME (15393)
NUMBER OF OPEN POSITIONS: 1
LOCATION: CMP-ME-Lewiston Service Building
STARTING RATE: $27.44/ Hourly
POSTING DATE: 08/24/2020
REMOVAL DATE: 09/01/2020
REPORTS TO: Jared Epperson
- Have a thorough knowledge of, and plan, direct and participate in the installation, testing and maintenance of supervisory control and tele-metering schemes, carrier equipment, protective relays, automatic oscillographs, DFR's, and communication equipment.
- Perform and direct the installation and repair of other electronic equipment and test devices used in stations for substation's control, instrumentation and communications and to keep accurate records on all tests and calibrations.
- Perform phase angle tests on lines and transformers to determine proper connections.
- Provide technical assistance to the Area Supervisor and maintenance personnel and work closely with the System Protection Engineers in the installation, maintenance, commissioning and troubleshooting of control, protective relay and communication systems.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of calibrations, test levels, maintenance and operational checks in connection with his/her work, and maintain all test sets and instruments in good working condition.
- Works on, or adjacent to, energized equipment in accordance with the safety standards.
- Must feel comfortable working within allowable working clearances of energized equipment.
- Lift material/equipment weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Perform switching and operating duties unassisted.
- Read and interpret prints, sketches, and electrical diagrams associated with substation equipment.
- Troubleshoot controls and alarms on Substation equipment.
- Direct the work of others in a manner that promotes mutual respect and teamwork.
- Be familiar with the Company's operating standards, policies, safety instructions, regulations and directives pertaining to the assignments.
- Assists in the practical training of other employees.
- Make applications for upcoming work.
- Make corrections to drawings relating to electrical control systems and protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work from elevated structures and equipment.
Skills and Requirements
- Must have a two-year Associate Degree in the electrical/electronic field or have passed the CMP Electrical Technical Equivalency (ETQ) Exam.
- Must have attained a rating of 1C and successfully completed all necessary pre-qualification training modules.
- Must hold a valid Class B Maine driver's license and be able to qualify and hold any other permits or licenses required.
- Must live within 45 minutes of reporting location.
- Must maintain telephone and provide Company with telephone #.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID's employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org