Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We're bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine. Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,000 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the globe.
The responsibility of a Modeling Analyst is to collect, analyze, and interpret data to support the Marketing department with innovative consumer insights and strategies. The Modeling Analyst identifies opportunities for process optimization using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Mine, manipulate and visualize large sets of data and turn data into insights to make compelling strategy recommendations
- Build predictive models and run regressions to help optimize the consumer experience, revenue generation and other desired business outcomes
- Enhance capabilities for channel attribution and provide insights to drive effective investment decisions
- Develop advanced models and analysis to measure the performance of various consumer segments and identify new segments to target
- Evaluate the performance of marketing campaigns and communicate learnings to key stakeholders
- Create lifetime value reporting to inform decisions around new buyer acquisition and retention marketing strategy
- Coordinate across different functional teams to implement models, measure outcomes, and drive continuous improvement
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science or equivalent experience. Master's degree preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
COMPETENCIES (Skills and Abilities)
- Strong experience using data mining/data analysis methods and tools, building and implementing models and using/creating algorithms
- Expertise using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL) to manipulate data and draw insights from large sets of data
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques such as clustering, decision tree, convolutional neural networks, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts such as regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, etc.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen and a proven ability to drive business results with data-driven insights
- Highly self-motivated with a history of proactively taking on responsibility and exceeding expectations
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Normal office environment with extensive use of computer
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.