Under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager and Pathologist, organizes, supervises, and directs testing in a specific laboratory section. This position requires practical as well as theoretical knowledge of test methodologies and full understanding of supervisory budgeting, quality control, quality assurance and inventory control concepts. This position also requires coordination and communication skills within the assigned departments as well as interaction with the medical and nursing staff to assist in the detection and management of disease and medical disorders. Patient contact and specimens from patients may include infants to adult-geriatric.
Reports to Laboratory Manager and Pathologists.
1. B.S. degree in Medical Technology, or chemical, physical or biological science from an accredited institution
and 4 year training / experience in high complexity testing in the specialty of Microbiology.
2. Registered as a Medical Technologist (MT) by the Board of Registry of the American Society of Clinical Pathologist
(ASCP) or equivalent registry – required.
3. Knowledge of various laboratory instrumentation required.
4. Proficient communication skills required. Ability to read and perform basic mathematical calculations.
5. Minimum of 4 years supervisor experience.