Job Title: Electrical Engineer - Futures Team
Location: White Marsh, MD
Purpose of Position:
The purpose of this position is to fill a need for an electrical engineer for the Futures department. This would be a leadership position within the department and handle all of the front end electrical and software needs of the Futures group. This role would backfill the position left vacant by Mark Eberhart's departure.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver robust innovative designs and engineering solutions within respiratory protection systems for the Military, Special Forces and Law Enforcement markets.
- Development of concept demonstrators as part of the Futures group to quickly test ideas and minimum viable products.
- Successful transition of demonstrators over to Product Development for engineering development.
- Leadership of strategies to implement cutting edge technology into products. Contribute to product and technology roadmaps by staying current with latest and future innovative technologies.
- Development of embedded software and DSP functionality used within the products and manufacturing processes.
- Integration with PCB design and associated sub-system and system verification and validation
- Assist in planning and execution of project plans to meet internal and/or customer expectations
- To maintain a high standard of communication with members of other teams, functional managers, customers, approval bodies, independent test facilities and suppliers to pursue and meet project objective.
- Drive and facilitate improved working practices and methods across the global Avon Protection business.
- Development of embedded software, DSP, micro-controller, GUI's and factory software where all aspects of function and reliability have been considered, analysed/tested and documented robustly
- Design verification and validation through analytical and physical test methods
- Work with Engineering, Operations and Business teams to ensure technical solutions meet the Critical to Success expectations of the business and the continued growth of the product brands
- Evaluate current working methods to identify and implement process/method improvements locally and globally
- Represent Avon at external customers and suppliers and provide engineering assistance to supplier/customer development queries
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of new technologies, subject matter knowledge and process methodologies
- Understand the commercial significance of projects and prioritise resource accordingly
- Appreciate the importance of controlling costs and meeting customer requirements
- Understand international regulatory standards and requirements for PPE and their application to product design and verification
Background & Skill(s):
- Fundamental understanding of embedded electronic systems, circuit design and fault analysis
- Fundamental knowledge of DSP
- Skilled in programming in C and other programming languages. Experienced in debugging, testing and software management including static tools for code verification and version control
- Experience with real-time embedded software and RTOS environment
Internal: All Departments and Employees
External: All Divisions, Suppliers, Customers, and Contractors
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserved the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within Avon that may present access to export controlled technical data, Avon must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at Avon's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without a sponsorship for employment visa status (e.e. H1B status).
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability