The Senior Accountant will support the Bethesda/Chevy Chaseheadquarters. This individual will work closely with other members of the accounting and finance team and will be responsible for the financial statements of the corporate entity as well as Joint Venture accounting.
Essential Job Functions:
- Processes financial and operational transactions in General Ledgers for business line operations; ensures General Ledgers are closed accurately and timely. Currently using Workday financial system.
- Creates and prepares account reconciliations on all balance sheet accounts and analyzes them to determine the appropriateness of the balances.
- Provides support for year-end audit as well as quarterly filings
- Participates in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting packages to the Board of Directors, lenders and management.
- Prepares a variety of periodic intermediate or end products such as cost reports, trial balances, balance sheets, profit and loss statements, or cash flow statements;
- Prepares appropriate commentary or explanations relating to questions from management, budget variances, etc.
- Reviews, investigates and resolves significant accounting and reporting issues.
- Interacts with operating and staff personnel to supply or explain data and secure information.
- Identifies and helps implement process improvement opportunities as they relate to the Accounting and Finance groups.
- Reviews key contracts and complex arrangements to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Supports business units across several locations.
- Uses, protects, and discloses patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards