METIS is a Small Business providing training and education, intelligence analysis, and program management services to U.S. government and commercial clients around the globe. Our Senior Leaders, Subject Matter Experts, and Operational Specialists have direct, on-the-ground expertise in planning and executing the most critical missions our country and business sectors have faced – with current operations ongoing in the Middle East, South Asia, Afghanistan, Europe, and Africa.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. TS/SCI clearance is required. Must successfully complete/pass a Full Scope Polygraph.
- Transcribe audio Arabic-Levantine into written Arabic-Levantine using the traditional script
- Translate written Arabic-Levantine into written English summaries, gists, extracts, and verbatim translations while ensuring the use of grammatically and idiomatically correct American English
- Scans and processes large amounts of material in target language and identifes critical and essential elements of information as defined by the government
- Responsible for providing input to government counterparts by producing written reports developed from target language material
- ACTIVE TS/SCI clearance is required AND must successfully complete/pass a Full Scope Polygraph
- Bachelors Degree and 10 years full-time experience OR 14 years full-time experience without a degree
- Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) Skill Level 3 in Audio and/or Graphic Translation Performance and/or Translation Performance from the required language into standard American English. Scores from the NSA Civilian Language Test of Record, valid at time of resume submission, may be used as acceptable validation for text translation and audio translation skill level(s). ILR skill level validation shall be documented within two (2) years prior to resume submission
- Shall have a minimum language proficiency rating of 2+/2+, as measured by the Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) or an equivalent U.S. government-accepted language test instrument.
- Translating and/or transcribing and gisting will be the primary duty for at least 2 out of the 4 years
- Reporting will not be a primary duty for more than 3 out of the 10 years
- 6 of 10 years in cryptologic Operations language processing in the required language.
- 3 of 6 years simply translating, transcribing, and gisting
- Must have at least 1 year experience QC'ing and mentoring
- 1 of 6 years in target language must be within 6 years of submission
- 1 year typing on an English keyboard
- Scanning and sorting/categorizing foreign language materials
- Performing quality control review of translations and/or transcripts of complex and sophisticated written and/or spoken material
- Translating and/or transcribing complex and sophisticated written and/or spoken material
- Gisting complex and sophisticated written and/or spoken material
- Recovering Essential Elements of Information
- Translations and/or transcripts based on straightforward factual written and/or spoken material
- Gisting straightforward, factual written and/or spoken material
- Typing on an English keyboard
- Shall have a linguistic proficiency of the target language and the specific knowledge, talent, and skills necessary to perform the assigned voice and/or graphic tasks with minimal supervision; an ability to compile and update operational working aids and databases with minimal supervision; a command of the target language as well as excellent verbal and written American English language capabilities (grammar, vocabulary, idioms, spelling) because linguist work products are prepared in both languages
- Previous military, cryptologic, or Signals Intelligence experience, preferably with a duty as a transcriber
- Experience interfacing with multiple clients and commands
METIS Solutions, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation or gender identity.