Leidos has a career opportunity for a Project/Procurement Engineer located in the Washington Metro area (Gaithersburg, MD or Reston, VA).
The job of the Project/Procurement Engineer is to support multiple Strategic Sourcing and business capture initiatives utilizing a combination of technical background and project management expertise. Work location is flexible, but selected candidates must reside within driving distance of Gaithersburg, MD or Reston, VA. Due to nature of assignments, up to 25% travel is possible.
- Serves as Procurement Engineer in the Strategic Technology Sourcing organization with interaction with numerous HW, SW, Cloud & Cyber manufacturers and technical teams within Leidos.
- Candidate will solve problems in Cost/Value Engineering, Affordability, and Technical Solutions.
- Candidate is responsible for providing innovative technical solutions and sourcing strategies that drive down cost (market research, engaging with Category Managers/Supplier Relationship Managers, etc.)
- Candidate works with Solution Architects to define technical requirements by engaging suppliers
- Candidate works with proposal team to understand requirements and collaborate on proposal strategy
- Candidate writes proposal volume sections and support bid reviews, where applicable
- Candidate will also have job responsibilities associated with Supplier Management, Proposal Strategy Development, Program Material Acquisition, Business Process Re-Engineering, and Procurement Tool deployments.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 -4 years experience from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
- 5+ years-experience in areas of project planning, scheduling, coordination, with a demonstrated history of developing technical solutions that meet program requirements. MUST possess background in Technology.
- Strong understanding in acquisition of Cloud, Cyber, and XaaS technologies
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel as the team utilizes advanced functions in Excel to conduct data analytics.
- Experience with supplier coordination including hardware and software selection, maintenance issues, and problem resolution.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing across multiple organizations and program levels simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight time constraints.
- Experience as a Team Lead/Leader in prior relevant assignment.
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- PMP Certification
- Experience in Supply Chain Engineering, Logistics, HW/SW Maintenance Planning, Earned Value Management, Proposal Volume Authorship Experience
- Experience in acquisition of materials and components, consisting of, but not limited to, non-IT related finished products, raw materials, fabricated parts, electronic components, machines, equipment, and test devices.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.