EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what's possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes has an opportunity for a Satellite Network Communications Software Engineer.
- Analyze, design, implement, test and document software modules for satellite based communications network.
- Maintain existing software, fix software defects, execute sub-system and system integration tests.
- Monitor production network, develop tools and techniques to effectively troubleshoot field issues.
- Investigate and apply new techniques (e.g. machine learning, automated testing) to current as well as new project assignments.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or closely related field plus 6 months' experience in Software Engineering or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or closely related field plus 5 years' experience in Software Engineering.
- Experience must include 6 months with each of the following: C/C++ or Java, Multi-threaded programming, Network protocols and Python/UNIX shell scripting.
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.