SSAI is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Summer Intern for OMPS Task
Reference #:20-2886 Open Date:6/16/2020 Location:Greenbelt, MD US Citizenship Required:No Job Description:
Science Systems and Applications, Inc. (SSAI) has an immediate opening for a full-time summer (~2-3 months) Atmospheric Science Internship. The qualified individual will support the Suomi Ozone Mapping Profiler Suite (OMPS) project at NASA Goddard Spaceflight Center in Greenbelt, MD by analyzing, organizing, and visualizing the OMPS Level 3 aerosol index data. The candidate will prepare visualizations of the aerosol index data, support case studies and assist in maintaining the smoke/aerosol blog. The individual will assist in preparing materials to communicate results to the team via presentations and written reports.
- The ideal candidate will have an interest in Atmospheric Science, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related science/technical field with demonstrated activities supporting that interest.
- Strong interest in the field of remote sensing and the physics of the atmosphere
- Demonstrated experience in the use and development of analysis software such as Python
- Ability to work independently as well as within an integrated team of scientists and engineers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as the selected applicant may contribute to a public facing web blog