Are you searching for meaningful work in developing new capabilities in service of our nation's security?
Are you interested in developing new modeling and simulation toolsets for air combat systems and missions?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Modeling and Simulation Developer to help us evaluate the effectiveness of today's tactical aircraft systems and develop the capabilities of tomorrow's. The Intelligent Combat Platforms Group (KVM) is chartered with the mission of operationalizing artificial intelligence and autonomy to revolutionize air, strike and electronic warfare. The future of warfare will be fought at machine speeds and KVM is seeking energetic, talented professionals interested in pursuing advanced applications of artificial intelligence and autonomy to enable future tactical decision aides and command and control systems that enable the US to outmaneuver and out think the adversary. As a member of our team, you will contribute to the development of virtual and constructive modeling and simulation tools and performance of analyses using those tools.
As a Modeling and Simulation Developer...
- Your primary responsibility will be to develop virtual and constructive modeling and simulation tools to support advanced capability development and analysis for tactical aircraft systems.
- You will provide subject matter expertise to government organizations and other analysis organizations to guide the use of modeling and simulation tools for requirements analysis, tactics development, and pilot training.
- You will pursue new initiatives including IRAD and Sponsor requests for proposals to help build the portfolio of AI and autonomy within KVM.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a BS in computer science, engineering, or other areas related to modeling and simulation or artificial intelligence.
- Professional experience working in the field of modeling and simulation, computer science, software development, and/or artificial intelligence, machine learning and/or autonomy.
- Are skilled in in the field of modeling and simulation, computer science, software development, and/or artificial intelligence, machine learning and/or autonomy.
- Are willing and able to travel occasionally in support of meetings and collaborative working sessions.
- Hold an active Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have an MS in computer science, engineering, or other areas related to modeling and simulation or artificial intelligence.
- Have 10 years of experience working in the field of modeling and simulation, computer science, software development, and/or artificial intelligence, machine learning and/or autonomy.
- Hold an active Top Secret security clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.