Are you a curious, creative and innovative network technologies research engineer?
Do you want to find a job where you can apply your expertise to new technologies and or non-traditional problem sets?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
We are seeing a Networking Research Engineer who is motivated to create solutions for hardest national security challenges. You will be joining a team of engineers who look at Internet Protocol, wireless networks and network design and architecture to apply to our Government, Military and National Health sponsors. We strive to foster an environment of collaboration, innovation and application…and we would love to have you on our team!
As a Networking Technologies Research Engineer, you will:
- Lead the research, development and implementation of modernized and/or innovative networking solutions to address Government, Military and National Health challenges.
- Support architecture development, integration, and testing prototypes in operationally-realistic environments, working closely with sponsors to ensure mission success.
- Document work in formal technical reports and informal memoranda. Present work to sponsors and the technical community.
- Engage in standards bodies or other external communities and societies.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you…
- Have a PhD in computer science or related discipline with a focus on communications and networking.
- Have 5 years of demonstrated experience in the development of hardware and / or software for networked systems.
- Have knowledge of and experience with the data, network and transport layers of communication or networking systems, IPV4/6, TCP and other emerging protocols.
- Have demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, and demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-organizational team.
- Are highly skilled in expertise with several of the following tools: Linux, Unix, C, C , Python, Java, MATLAB.
- Have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you …
- Have a PHD and 15 years of knowledge of and experience in data networking and IP standards.
- Have experience with Project and/or Technical management of hardware, software, or systems integration teams.
- Have experience in applying Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence techniques to networking problems.
- Hold a current Top Secret clearance with a SSBI.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.