VCA St. Mary's Animal Hospital in Lexington Park, Maryland is the place for you!
We are seeking to hire a dedicated, caring Associate Veterinarian who is looking to work at an AAHA-accredited, well-equipped practice alongside a team of passionate veterinarians.
VCA St. Mary's Animal Hospital is a full-service hospital and have been proudly serving the Southern Maryland area since the 1960's. We relocated to a brand new building in 1999. The well-appointed facility boasts a spacious lobby, extensive treatment area with a special procedures room, digital (includeing dental) radiography, laparoscopy, endoscopy, ultrasound, 5 exam rooms and a bereavement room. VCA St. Mary's offers our patients and clients outstanding service and medical care, combining traditional medicine along with alternative choices. Our services include wellness, early disease detection, dentistry, elective and routine surgeries, digital radiography, in house blood work and advanced surgical procedures such as cruciate repairs, splenectomies, etc. VCA St. Mary's also provides limited medical care for some exotic species.
Experienced Doctors are welcome to apply – but so are new grads! Our strong mentorship capabilities and nurturing team approach will help anyone interested in succeeding learn how to make a positive impact on the overall quality of life for pets.
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL:
- Spacious building with five exam rooms, comfort room and large treatment room
- Surgical suite with latest patient monitoring and warming equipment
- Separate ultrasound room with advanced equipment
- Surgical laser, Endoscope and Video Otoscope
- Separate surgical recovery area, kennel areas and quarantine area
- Sound DR digital radiography, Midmark digital dental x-ray, tonometry
Our management and support team members are an extension of your family! We take pride in our team and in our close relationships with our clients and patients. Our continuous goal is delivering compassionate client service and quality medicine.
The census bureau lists Lexington Park as one of the nation's fasted growing "micropolitan" areas in the United States. VCA St Mary's is just minutes away from beaches of the Chesapeake Bay and Patuxent River, multiple Maryland State Parks, and historic sites, as well as the Patuxent River Naval Air Station. We are seated in close proximity to the metro areas of Washington DC, Baltimore, and "the Sailing Capital of the World", Annapolis. We offer access to world class dining, shopping and many cultural activities.
VCA St. Mary's Animal Hospital will invest in you!
- Supportive environment to allow you to advance in the special interests that you desire
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Continuing Education Allowance and Continuing Education Days
- Professional Liability Coverage
- Regional Continuing Education
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ Vacation/ Sick time and Paid Holidays
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Woof University – Online Training
- VIP Perks