Our values define us and our culture inspires us to change lives for the better. Our employees are the heart and soul of our company and every success we experience begins with them. We hire team members who raise the bar, who are collaborative and inclusive, who build relationships, and who are looking for a long-term career with Fulton. We strive to promote a culture of work-life balance, to unplug and recharge to be your best self, at work and at home.
This is a Full Time, temporary position that will combine formal classroom training, on-the-job training and mentorship over a 6 month period. This position is ideal for military veterans who have an interest in pursuing a career in consumer banking. Internship to be based in Columbia, Hagerstown, Frederick, or Odenton, MD.
Under close supervision of designated supervisor, is responsible for observing Corporate policies and procedures to acquire a working knowledge of consumer banking as well as embraces, promotes, and is accountable for delivering Fulton Financial Corporation's superior customer service.
- Performs assigned training and duties in designated department which may include retail and operations.
- Works closely with mentor to become proficient in consumer product knowledge and delivering on customer experience goals
- Adheres to and fully complies with any and all policies and procedures related to internal and external rules and regulations
- Reports on progress in internship program and feedback about program to manager and Human Resources. Management feedback must indicate satisfactory progress to remain in Internship Program. Program typically will last for twelve weeks.
High School Diploma or the Equivalent Experience. (Required)
- 6 to 12 months Military, must be a Veteran with an honorable discharge. (Required)
- 1 or more years Customer service experience. (Required)
- 6 to 12 months Customer service and/or cash handling experience in financial services, retail sales, or a similar goal-oriented environment. (Preferred)
This role may perform other job duties as assigned by the manager. Each employee of the Organization, regardless of position, is accountable for reading, understanding and acting on the contents of all Company-assigned and/or job related Compliance Programs, regulations and policies and procedures, as well as ensure that all Compliance Training assignments are completed by established due dates. This includes but is not limited to, understanding and identifying compliance risks impacting their department(s), ensuring compliance with applicable laws or regulations, and escalating compliance risks to the appropriate level of management.
As a condition of employment, individuals must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship for a work visa by Fulton Financial Corporation currently or in the future.
Fulton Financial Corporation ("Fulton") is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons. Fulton will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles, and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, age, genetic information, marital status, disability, covered veteran status, or any other legally protected status.