Adventist Rehabilitation - Rockville
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Adventist HealthCare Rehab seeks to hire an experienced Patient Access Registrar who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
The Patient Access Registrar will originate a patient medical record and account number by obtaining and accurately keying demographic, financial and clinical information into the host computer system. Completes insurance verification to maximize reimbursement for Adventist Healthcare, achieve Point of Service collection goals, and assist with achieving departmental goals. Provides compassionate service to all patients and displays actions and attitudes that portray and contribute to the Critical Success factors of the organization.
As a Patient Access Registrar, you will:
- Support hospital registration processes, perform and enforces all activities which involve the placement and movement of patients, monitor efficient transfers and discharges. Maintain accuracy in documentation of death certificates and morgue throughput.
- Act as a liaison between Patient Access and Clinical staff consistently representing Patient Access in a professional manner.
- Assist in Optimizing Bed Control training with other staff.
- Collaborate with other departments, physicians and administration for optimizing bed usage and to ensure placement efficiency.
- Coordinate bed placement according to hospital guidelines and/or given staffing guidelines.
- Assess admissions for appropriateness and collaborates with others for optimal plans in compliance with payers and inpatient criteria.
- High school diploma
- Some college preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within a healthcare environment. Can include insurer or public health setting as well.
- At least 3 years' experience in patient registration and/or eligibility and benefits.
- Requires working knowledge/training in government payer rules and regulations
- Requires working knowledge/training regarding TPLs, WC, and other payment sources and liabilities
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work life balance through non rotating shifts
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Free Employee parking
- Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
- 100% Coverage for inpatient care – at Adventist HealthCare facilities
- 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide – after copay
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today! Apply now to be considered or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Part-time; Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.