A rapidly growing Program Management, IT and Engineering consultancy is seeking a Senior Technical Lead Software Test Engineer for their Silver Spring, MD location. Our client is primarily serving government clients including the Census Bureau, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Department of Defense (Army branch), Department of Homeland Security, Social Security Administration, and Department of Veterans Affairs. The team is very busy and we're looking to continue to add talented IT and Engineering personnel to produce innovative solutions to complex problems. This is a very hands on, and group oriented environment that always strives to provide the highest level of service to their clients and their mission critical needs.
This is a contract-to-perm role that requires US Citizenship or a Green Card. Full benefits, 401k, sick leave, etc are provided for the duration of the contract portion. The chosen candidate will need to have a Public Trust clearance or the ability to obtain one.
Please see below for the job description and position requirements.
- Expertise in measuring, analyzing, and optimizing the different types of testing of web and mobile applications. You will work with architects and developers on large-scale, enterprise-level performance test projects.
- Experience testing systems in cloud, on-prem and hybrid environments.
- Understanding ofweb application and browser concepts (HTTP, connections, cookies, caching, streaming, etc.).
- Knowhow to analyze test requirements, translate into detailed test cases, and create your own test scripts.
- Can handle test data in various formats (JSON, XML, CSV, etc.) and you understand data storage, encoding, encryption, data transformation, and related concepts.
- Experience leading and managing large test teams.
- Knowledge of Performance, Interface, Functional testing.
- Familiar with APM tools and can explain what metrics they provide and what they mean.
- Hands on knowledge with different databases, queries and data validation methods & techniques.
- Strong knowledge of test planning methods, strategy, tools and test environments.
- Knowledge of test requirements engineering methods.
- Ability to break down the problem into its constituent parts to help the team better understand the issues.
- 10+years of experience conducting/Leading Functional, Interface Testing team using different test methods & tools, with a Bachelor’s Degree, or 8+years of experience with a Master’s Degree
- Hands-on experience using test tools to develop test strategies, plans, analyze testing metrics, troubleshoot errors/failures/bottlenecks, and prepare test status dashboards and reports,
- Deep knowledge of how web applications work over HTTP protocol,
- 7+ years of experience leading and managing the test team
- 5+ years SQL experience and an ability to write intermediate to complex SQL code,
- 5+ years of experience on AWS and cloud services,
- Hands-on experience with test tools like HP ALM
- Experiencewithdiagnostics tools to identify root cause like HPdiagnostics
- Experience in both Windows and UNIX environments
- 5+ years of experience with Relational Databases & SQL Query tools
- Knowledge of Automation Tools (Selenium, Ruby, Cucumber)
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills
- Strong management skills, ability to distribute, track and monitor the tasks activities, and mentor/support team as needed
Technologies and Tools:
- HP ALM, HP UFT, JMeter; Proficient with Java and/or C# and a scripting language;
Relational Databases & SQL Query tools;
This is an immediate need. Please submit an updated resume for consideration.